Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,747   Posts: 1,515,671   Online: 769

Shooter
    35mm

help! trix reversal processing super8

hello i am a filmaker i m developing kodak tri x reversal ...i have several question to ask..

i use as first developer a paper developer (agfa neutol 1+3) for 10 minutes..

but i have a normal contrast...

how i control the process to increase the constrast? (i know that the first developer is very important to the processing)

i describe my process :

first 10 minutes (agfa neutol wa 1+3 paper developer)

rinse

bleach 4 minutes (permanganate bleach 5g/l + bisulfate sodium 35/l)

rinse

clearing (metabisulfite 35g/l) 2 minutes

rinse

800w 2 minutes for part (no problem this is good)

2d developer as first for 3 minutes

rinse fixing

final rinse

the process is overall very good with a good contrast..i d like to increase the sharpness and the contrast...

thanks

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by danzyc View Post
    hello i am a filmaker i m developing kodak tri x reversal ...i have several question to ask..

i use as first developer a paper developer (agfa neutol 1+3) for 10 minutes..

but i have a normal contrast...

how i control the process to increase the constrast? (i know that the first developer is very important to the processing)
    What is your second developer? It should be a very aggressive, high contrast formula such as D-19. The idea is that all halides remaining after the first development and bleach should be totally exposed and developed fully to a relatively high contrast. Otherwise, you'll get no blacks.

Ed

Shooter
    35mm
    my second developer is the same as first......agfa neutol 1+3 for 3,4 minutes

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Kodak D-19 as both first and second reversal developers

Quote Originally Posted by Neanderman View Post
    What is your second developer? It should be a very aggressive, high contrast formula such as D-19. The idea is that all halides remaining after the first development and bleach should be totally exposed and developed fully to a relatively high contrast. Otherwise, you'll get no blacks.

Ed
    Yes, Readily available Kodak D-19 can be used as both the first developer and the second developer. Dektol, Rodinal or any other high contrast developer can also be used.

If you have not already done so, try this URL:
    http://www.kodak.com/US/en/motion/pr...=en#processing

Also take a look at this APUG thread: http://www.apug.org/forums/archive/i...p/t-10817.html
    Tom Hoskinson

Everything is analog - even digital :D

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hoskinson View Post
    Yes, Readily available Kodak D-19 can be used as both the first developer and the second developer. Dektol, Rodinal or any other high contrast developer can also be used.

If you have not already done so, try this URL:
    http://www.kodak.com/US/en/motion/pr...=en#processing

Also take a look at this APUG thread: http://www.apug.org/forums/archive/i...p/t-10817.html
    ANY paper developer can be used succesfully as both first and second developer.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin