Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,660   Posts: 1,481,512   Online: 1151

Shooter
    35mm

tmax first developer question

hello the tmax first develepor of the slide kit is the same that a tmax developer
    for negative?

thanks

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Kodak TMax Developer for reversal processing

Quote Originally Posted by danzyc View Post
    hello the tmax first develepor of the slide kit is the same that a tmax developer
    for negative?

thanks
    Several workers have reported that Kodak's standard TMax Developer product (for negative development) works ok as both the first and second developer in B&W film reversal processing.

HC110 is also used by a number of workers, as is Dektol and the Ilford PQ paper developers. Rodinal is also used by some workers.

See: http://photo.net/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg?msg_id=007K4f

TMax Developer, HC110 and Rodinal are all concentrated stock solutions that have the attribute of a long shelf life.
    Tom Hoskinson

Everything is analog - even digital :D

Shooter
    35mm
    should i use tmax developer full strenght? or as manual describe 1+4?

thanks

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    should i use tmax developer full strenght? or as manual describe 1+4?

thanks
    I would try it at 1+4. You may decide to try a stronger or weaker dilution based on your 1+4 results.
    Tom Hoskinson

Shooter
    35mm
    tom if i bleach for a long time would have more contrasty image?

i normally bleach my trix reversal for 4 minutes.....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Bleach and redevelopment in reversal processing

tom if i bleach for a long time would have more contrasty image?

i normally bleach my trix reversal for 4 minutes.....
    The purpose of the bleach step is to remove ALL OF THE EXPOSED SILVER - which has been developed by the first developer.

So, you need to bleach only for a sufficient amount of time to remove all of the exposed silver.

After bleaching, the remaining unexposed silver is then fogged (either light fogged or chemically fogged) to form the positive image - which must then be developed (second developer).

To increase the contrast of the positive image, use a second developer like Kodak D-19 and/or increase the second development time.

See: http://www.silverprint.co.uk/PDF/reversal_web.pdf

Also See: http://home.snafu.de/jens.osbahr/pho...r_reversal.pdf
    Tom Hoskinson

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hoskinson View Post
    The purpose of the bleach step is to remove ALL OF THE EXPOSED SILVER - which has been developed by the first developer.

So, you need to bleach only for a sufficient amount of time to remove all of the exposed silver.

After bleaching, the remaining unexposed silver is then fogged (either light fogged or chemically fogged) to form the positive image - which must then be developed (second developer).

To increase the contrast of the positive image, use a second developer like Kodak D-19 and/or increase the second development time.

See: http://www.silverprint.co.uk/PDF/reversal_web.pdf

Also See: http://home.snafu.de/jens.osbahr/pho...r_reversal.pdf
    I think the contrast can be manipulated only by lenghtening the first developer time 'cause the second development is done to completion only.

For this purpose I feel 1+4 TMax dev is way too diluited as the first dev.
    You maybe can use it as the second dev but with a 1+2 diluition or something alike.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Alessandro Serrao View Post
    I think the contrast can be manipulated only by lenghtening the first developer time 'cause the second development is done to completion only.

For this purpose I feel 1+4 TMax dev is way too diluited as the first dev.
    You maybe can use it as the second dev but with a 1+2 diluition or something alike.
    Many workers use Kodak D-19 (undiluted) as BOTH the first developer AND the second developer.

The silver that is developed by the first developer will all be bleached out in the bleach step.

The remaining silver (unexposed and undeveloped) is then either given a fogging exposure or is chemically fogged. The fogged silver is then developed by the second developer.
    Tom Hoskinson

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin