Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,674   Posts: 1,481,876   Online: 1114

Where would you send you b&w film for pro development and printing. I have a friend who's wedding photographer is giving her the exposed film at the end of the night. She has no dark room and has no idea where to send her b&w's to get them properly taken care of. I would do this myself but the chance of messing up and me being responsible is not a risk I am willing to take.

lee
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    What size is the film? 120? What film is it? If the answers are to my liking I will do the job.

lee\c

T-max 400 and 100; 35mm

Shooter
    Medium Format
    My experience with a kodak certified lab using tmax films has been good. You should try out the lab before you commit any real work to them.
    art is about managing compromise

lee
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    shoot a roll and send it to me and see if I can do the work. I will do the test at no charge. just shipping.

I am not a Kodak aproved lab.

lee\c

ps:
    how many rolls and what kinda turn around and where are they coming from?

l\c

I will find out and put her intouch with you. Thanks for the reply

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    If Lee doesn't want it, I've used Modernage (www.modernage.com) for T-max processing. I normally do my own B&W, but this stuff was of a commercial nature, and Modernage does consistent professional work that was fine for this purpose. They actually do a lot of B&W processing for performers' headshots and I'm sure they handle wedding work as well.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Wow, Lee that is pretty gosh darn nice of you!

Otherwise the test the lab first advice is a good way to go. I mostly do my own, but I can recommend Spectrum in the detroit area, .

lee
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    yeah, I am a nice guy. I gotta pay for sheet rock and a few other items in my new darkroom some how, so I figger What the Hell, I have done this work for less.\

lee\c

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Just don't take it to a place without a good reputation. I worked in this mini-lab once and witnessed them doing some B&W. The lab worker, loaded the film, mixed the chemistry in what would have been warm tap water, then dumped it right in the dev tank. Then she went off to the restroom for several minutes, came back and shook the dev tank, put it down, had a conversation with someone for 5 minutes, came back shook it up, then poured in some stop, then fixer for ages. Man it was shocking!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin