Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,548   Posts: 1,544,532   Online: 1016

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by k_jupiter View Post
    Ya know? That's a hard call. I find the .25x3.25 sheet films a PitB to process, handle, etc. But I still do it occasionally. Someday I might find a reason to use it and I will still want it there. I prefer processing and printing 120 format but the 2x3 sheet film is still in my camera, and refrigerator. I would like to use my 6.5x9 Trona some day and the only way that will happen is with a spring back for 2x3 sheet film holders.
    6.5x9cm is very easy to process, in JOBO 2509 reels.
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ole View Post
    6.5x9cm is very easy to process, in JOBO 2509 reels.

Much to the annoyance of those of us who wish to use it for 2.25x3.25 and 3.25x4.25... I tried modifying a 2509 for my amurican sizes... trashed it.

So I process 2x3 and 3x4 in PVC tubes in a Patterson System tank. The 2x3 pieces of film are just a bit small and like to retain their anti-halation backing, meaning longer wash times...

tim in san jose
    Where ever you are, there you be.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    The Nikor stainless steel tank, if you can find one, can adjust to any sheet film size from 2x3" up to 4x5".
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Alright, courtesy of Joe Harrigan just down the road, I now have some 2.25x3.25 holders to try. They are very cute.
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    While we're on this subject - does anyone know of a Polaroid back to fit a 6.5x9 camera? I have a Voigtlander Avus.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by goldie View Post
    While we're on this subject - does anyone know of a Polaroid back to fit a 6.5x9 camera? I have a Voigtlander Avus.
    I was on a similar quest for a polaroid back for my horseman VH, which is 6x9cm, and I eventually concluded that putting on a 4x5 enlarging back with ground glass is a very good way to go. Then you can use any old 4x5 polaroid holder.

It would also be possible to adapt a 3.25" polaroid back from something like an rb67 for your purposes; that would involve a little engineering. But at least those backs are inexpensive.
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Tim,

yes - I would take photoes of my work, posting the whole set as a separate thread, if you want to see the result? It's very simple to do, and the result is very good.

Zhenya

Quote Originally Posted by k_jupiter View Post
    Hmmm. I have extra rb67 backs.... I have the tools to attempt this. Got pictures? A 105 lens with a 6x4.5 rb67 back sounds like a nice medium telephoto set up.

tim in san jose

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by eumenius View Post
    Tim,

yes - I would take photoes of my work, posting the whole set as a separate thread, if you want to see the result? It's very simple to do, and the result is very good.

Zhenya
    That would be great... when you have the time.

I know about time... it's fleeting.

tim in san jose
    Where ever you are, there you be.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin