Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,695   Posts: 1,549,031   Online: 987

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Aculux & reduced agitation

Has anyone tried Aculux with the use of reduced agitation: ie one agitation for 5 seconds every five minutes and double the development time given by the manufacturer - I have used this technique very successfully with Rodinal at 1+50 and was wondering if it works with Aculux at 1+9.

Many thanks,

Lachlan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Bump!

Shooter
    35mm
    Dear Lachlan,

I've just got very interested in the same question. Did you ever try it out?

Anthony

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    YES. Pretend it is Rodinal, and adjust as needed. You could use less concentrated developer, but I don't like the process taking too long. Aculux' curve fits nicely between XTOL and Rodinal. Goldilocks, actually.
    "One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid,
    and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision"

-Bertrand Russell

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin