Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,683   Posts: 1,548,543   Online: 994

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

Agfa is striking back

I heard a news that Agfa paper products are coming back and the film will also be made available soon if the paper goes well.

very excited!!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Who/what is your source?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dxphoto View Post
    I heard a news that Agfa paper products are coming back and the film will also be made available soon if the paper goes well.

very excited!!
    It would be helpful if we know where you heard this. From my understaning, a small concern in Germany will be making the AGFA paper again. But the film will not be the same as the old APX. You can still find quite a bit of the old APX around in 35mm. I really hope they do make a comeback, but it may be difficult. At least we have Rodinal in production.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The details have been posted in full by Mirk of Fotoimpex here on APUG

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant View Post
    The details have been posted in full by Mirk of Fotoimpex here on APUG
    Ian
    And here are some sample images from the reborn Agfa/Adox MCC: http://www.moersch-photochemie.de/bi...rie=adox%20mcc The text is more elaborate and detailed than what Mirko wrote. Anyone who has enough time to translate? And who said they never come back?

best

Stefan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    hallo

@ skahde; the link goes to the ADOX MCC 111. some friends from the vfdkv forum have tested this paper and are very pleased about it. it is near to the old agfa only the white is brighter, and the developmenttime varies about 3-5%.

for translating the whole text there is not enough time today (i have to finish my work today)

wfg
    thomas

Island Heights, NJ, but will retire back to Maine.
    Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Quote Originally Posted by dxphoto View Post

very excited!!
    True. Follow some of the threads in the "Product Availability" forum. Mirko notified some of us who volunteered to test the new product that samples have been shipped. I'm eager to try it. His description is that it is very close to Agfa MCC Classic fiber-base, except for a slightly whiter paper base. For MCC lovers like me, this will be very good news.

Larry

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by pcyco View Post
    hallo

@ skahde; the link goes to the ADOX MCC 111. some friends from the vfdkv forum have tested this paper and are very pleased about it. it is near to the old agfa only the white is brighter, and the developmenttime varies about 3-5%.

for translating the whole text there is not enough time today (i have to finish my work today)

wfg
    thomas
    http://translate.google.com/translat...language_tools

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hmm... I'm stuck between stockpiling APX 100 or waiting to see if the new stuff is comparable. I'm really starting to like it and I'm loathe to switch to something that doesn't have the same performance characteristics. I guess it's inevitable as the stock is finite.
    "The secret to life is to keep your mind full and your bowels empty. Unfortunately, the converse is true for most people."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A slightly more literate translation than Google:

"ADOX MCC

ADOX MCC 111
    Premium Baryta paper with outstanding image characteristics in every measure.

The emulsion for this paper was made on original Agfa machines purchased by ADOX and former AgfaPhoto GmbH (Leverkusen) engineers from the Agfa bankruptcy proceedings. It is in all regards identical to the paper sold previously by AgfaPhoto as “Agfa Multicontrast Classic”. This paper is among the most technically advanced on the market. With four single emulsions coated together, it offers a grades ranging from 0 to 5.5. Other variable contrast papers, especially those coated in single passes, reach at most grade 4. The paper is made with carefully selected raw materials, all of which were tested for their photographic characteristics before being used in the emulsion. Before each emulsion pour, many functional samples were made on test machinery to assure perfect consistency.

The paper shows a wonderful ability to differentiate tonal values across the entire scale, from finely drawn highlights to highly differentiated shadows. To improve the overall impression of brilliance in the image -- in contrast to the original (MCC) which was manufactured with a light cream-colo(u)red paper base-- the new is poured onto a pure white base.

A Baryta based photo paper with variable contract and high sensitivity. Gradation range from 0 to 5.5. Image tone: neutral black to warm black. D-Max :> 2.2. Support: 180g double weight paper, pure white.

This paper is NOT yet available!
    Numerous tests and samples must be made beforehand. The start of production is planned for March, 2007, subject to the moving and installation of a large emulsion coating machine. Test prints from the first two emulsion pours yielded outstanding results. The ISO range matched that of Agfa MCC, and the visual impact is greater than before thanks to the white base material. D-Max values are improved: values of 2.3 and greater can be achieved with premium developers.

The revived MCC paper should be available starting in Spring 2008. A test pour on pure white support paper has shown outstanding characteristics. Thanks to the new support, the paper is more brilliant than ever before. Image color can be varied from warm black to cold black with appropriate developers.

Left: original Agfa MCC. Right: New paper sample. Both developed in SE4 Neutral developer

Due to the change in support material, the highlights and thus the total optical appearance of MCP and the (new) MCC will be identical in the future."
    Last edited by TimVermont; 09-04-2007 at 08:31 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: English speliing mistake.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin