Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,990   Posts: 1,524,127   Online: 1137

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Images
    I forgot to answer your second question. I think it is easier to keep on hand a supply of the ascorbic acid-borax solution. You can use it or not as the spirit moves when you have time for play. When I was learning to play the oboe, I read that a famous oboist said "If you want to learn to play the oboe, you must play with the oboe." The word "serendipity" comes to mind.
    Gadget Gainer

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Does the ascorbic acid-borax solution increase/decrease the film speed versus just plain rodinal?

Images
    I usually bracket my exposures +and- 1 stop when I am doing pictorial tests. I don't see any difference except density between box speed and 1 stop over. 1 stop under begins to lose shadow contrast in both plain and perverted Rodinal. This change in curve shape makes it more difficult to get a good print unless that is what you seek. More development will make ends meet so to speak, but the inbetween may not suit. These same comments apply to most developers I have tried.

Of course, a lot depends on how you use film speed to calculate exposure from your meter readings.
    Gadget Gainer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gainer View Post
    in both plain and perverted Rodinal. .....
    I've been using Gainers' Rodinal variant and referring to it a G-Rodinal. But I think I much prefer Perverted Rodinal better.

Images
    So do I.
    Gadget Gainer

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin