Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,534   Posts: 1,544,061   Online: 1131

Shooter
    Large Format

Department of Agriculture Scanner

I recently returned from Peru and after clearing customs had to put all my luggage and carry-on stuff through a Department of Agriculture Scanner at Miami Int. Airport. I was in such a hurry to make my connecting flight that I didn't think about this until they closed the cabin door on the next leg home. What kind of scanner is this? Is my film toast? Somehow I think the little sniffer beagles are more film friendly.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You had to put your carryon through the scanner??? That's not normal, at least not here in Puerto Rico. We always have to put our checked baggage through the USDA scanner, but never the carryons. Consequently, I've never had to put film through the APHIS machines.
    Eddy McDonald
    www.fotoartes.com
    Eschew defenestration!

Shooter
    Large Format

USDA Scanning

Unfortunately, when you're really late for your connecting flight, you don't have time to argue about whether or not you should put all of your stuff through this other scanner. But what are they scanning? All of the luggage in the hold is scanned with a CT and the carry-ons go through the fluoroscope at security. This seems to replace the sniffer beagles looking for food products.
    So far, the first run of Tmax100 looks fine, no banding or fogging.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I had to put my carry on through an Agriculture scanner when leaving Hawaii a couple of weeks ago. No probelm with my film.

D.
    My Photography Site www.lofgreenimages.com and My Blog

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I too had to do this, as did Firephoto, when we were coming home from Iceland. No problems what so ever.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin