Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,905   Posts: 1,521,397   Online: 1066

Shooter
    Medium Format

Data sheet for Rodinal

Is there somewhere out in "internet land" a data sheet for Rodinal like the ones for the Kodak developers?

I like Kodak's info on their sheets, but I've looked everywhere I can think of and cannot find one for Rodinal.

Does one exist?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have an Agfa Rodinal PDF that I have no idea where I got it from. I don't know how to send it to you or I would. But it is out htere somewhere.

I guess you've tried a Google Search on Rodinal.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have several editions of the Agfa pdf file on film developers. The later ones include times for the revised AgfaPan400, but otherwise are much the same. The later editions have more typographical errors, though. PM me and I'll email one to you. I also have an Agfa page with data for many films, including some now obsolete ones. Worth a read if you're interested in 1+100 use.

Shooter
    Multi Format

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    spb854

Be careful with the Agfa dev times on the data sheet, they are a bit on long side.

Charlie

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have a PDF from AGFA with technical info for all their film developers. PM me your email if you want to have a copy.
    Using film since before it was hip.

"One of the most singular characters of the hyposulphites, is the property their solutions possess of dissolving muriate of silver and retaining it in considerable quantity in permanent solution" — Sir John Frederick William Herschel, "On the Hyposulphurous Acid and its Compounds." The Edinburgh Philosophical Journal, Vol. 1 (8 Jan. 1819): 8-29. p. 11

My APUG Portfolio

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie-J View Post
    spb854

Be careful with the Agfa dev times on the data sheet, they are a bit on long side.

Charlie
    I've found that to be true also, and one of the reasons I dislike Rodinal for many applications. The documentation states that these development times coupled with the recommended agitation schedule result in negatives with a contrast index of about .65. "Normal" contrast yields a contrast index of .55 to .58. To get box speed, you wind up with higher than normal contrast. Sometimes this is what you want, other times not.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    http://www.fotohuisrovo.nl/documentatie/Rodinal.pdf

Latest published data from A&O/Agfa.

With the same mistakes which were found in the lastest Agfa Photo data sheet.

The Retro/APX films you can develop as follows:

http://www.fotohuisrovo.nl/documenta...ei%20films.pdf

Shooter
    35mm
    Stumble upon this old discussion and thought that i could contribute to some other reader.

Here is a page from a more than 15 year old datasheet from true Agfa Rodinal, it does differ a bit from those in this old discussion. The times are shorter, except for Kodak films(??).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Agfa_Rodinal.jpg  

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin