Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,499   Posts: 1,543,186   Online: 1188

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Large Format
    Hi !
    Rollei is said to produce such a film. If what I was told is true, the H&D curve raise to a certain point and then, upon further exposure, start to decrease for a "normal" emulsion. So if you pre-expose the film to that level of light, any light added will further reduce density when the film is processed. You will have a transparency instead of a negative with a standard B&W film treatment. I used once the Kodak stuff to duplicate B&W negatives. I was in high school at my camera club and it was in the 70's... So I speak from memory here ;-)
    I've not yet seen the Rollei stuff and IDK who is making it or if it is really made yet.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBBo View Post
    I'm trying to dig up more on this.
    Are there currently any available direct positive films? (Positive from normal 'negative' processing?)

Has anyone used any of these processes for current films?
    I'm considering trying to make some 11x14 slides and I'd rather not use DR5.
    Any ideas for the logistics of re-exposing?
    Any kits that don't require re-exposing?
    Help?
    Possibly Fomapan R100, although apparently it requires a special developer (I just checked and Freestyle says send it to dr5, although I could have sworn there were a Foma kit for doing it yourself...). Haven't tried it personally.
    i can't wait to take a picture of my thumb with this beautiful camera.

- phirehouse, after buying a camera in the classifieds

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I know we tend to be a bunch of nostalgics here, but why is everyone jumping in with dated recollections of fine grain release positive and the like? Seems kind of silly, given that kodak is currently producing the Tmax 100 Direct Positive Kit.

B&H has it here: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc..._Positive.html

The Kodak tech pub is here:
    http://www.kodak.com/global/en/profe.../j87/j87.jhtml

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by mabman View Post
    Possibly Fomapan R100, although apparently it requires a special developer (I just checked and Freestyle says send it to dr5, although I could have sworn there were a Foma kit for doing it yourself...). Haven't tried it personally.
    I believe the R100 is the kind of film as the Agfa Scala. Not a direct positive emulsion.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by maxbloom View Post
    I know we tend to be a bunch of nostalgics here, but why is everyone jumping in with dated recollections of fine grain release positive and the like? Seems kind of silly, given that kodak is currently producing the Tmax 100 Direct Positive Kit.

B&H has it here: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc..._Positive.html

The Kodak tech pub is here:
    http://www.kodak.com/global/en/profe.../j87/j87.jhtml
    They won't ship it tho.
    W.A. Crider

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I have some of the direct positive developer in the cabinet and have been wondering what I'm going to do with it... now that I read about the tmax kit maybe I'll give that a go.
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin