Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,011   Posts: 1,524,669   Online: 824

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

Successor of Technical PAN?

A test phase is running in Germany with multiple users for the new Rollei ATP-V1 film. An iso 32 panchromatic film. Deliverable in 135-36 and on request bulk film (30,5m-100ft). With the clear PET layer with non-curling it's possible for an easy scan on high resolution. Sensitivity 370-700nm (so extended red). This film will be on the market up from October/November 2007.
    Here is the preliminary data sheet:
    http://www.fotohuisrovo.nl/documenta...lisch_mail.pdf

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Any chance of 120 or 70mm double-perfed film?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    So far 35mm only and a clear statement that this is NO micro film.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    It sounds like a great scientific film. I'd be interested in hearing how the reciprocity characteristics compare to the old tech pan.

ath
    Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Fotohuis View Post
    ... and a clear statement that this is NO micro film.
    What does this mean in detail?
    Regards,
    Andreas

Shooter
    Medium Format
    What is the attraction to films like this, Adox CMS 20 etc. when they are only available in 35mm?

I could use fast film in my mamiya 7 handheld and probably get better quality.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by m_liddell View Post
    What is the attraction to films like this, Adox CMS 20 etc. when they are only available in 35mm?

.........and with moderate enlargement, better tonality too.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by m_liddell View Post

For photographers not having a Mamiya 7 but a 35mm camera there might be some
    attraction in films like this. I think there are other ppl around like me, 35 mm user who
    would like to have a bigger format camera but but but... many buts.

But i myself am not so interested in new tech pans yet, since i still got the real stuff
    stashed away. to use for what? i dont know. most iso 100 films is fine enough.
    however, it doesnt hurt if there exists many alternatives for each to choose from.

best regards,

-j

ath
    Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Fotohuis View Post
    Here is the preliminary data sheet:
    http://www.fotohuisrovo.nl/documenta...lisch_mail.pdf
    I wish Rollei/Maco would ask someone with good english to proofread their docs prior to publishing them. Sentences like "very highly solvent superpanchromatic film" simply hurt and I understood it only after translating it word for word back to german (panchromatic high resolution film with extended red sensitivity).

I would be interested in real experience with this film, esp. regarding the blocking of highlights, which is a big problem for me with Adox CMS20/Orthopan UR. Sadly no time for the field test...

Robert, any notes on burning in skies with this film?
    Regards,
    Andreas

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I wish Rollei/Maco would ask someone with good english to proofread their docs prior to publishing them
    Maybe a job offered for them

I have no further information about this film nor had the possibility to test this film. I only know that German photographers have the possibility to subscribe for their Rollei ATP-V1 test set and do the evaluation.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin