Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,472   Posts: 1,570,954   Online: 710

Shooter
    Multi Format

Ansco 130 in Los Angeles area??

I suddenly find myself with a rather urgent deadline to get some prints out... and it was my intention to use ansco 130 for these. But I'll be damned if I can find any (freestyle has nothing, samy's doesn't list any chems on their site)... would anyone happen to know where I can lay my hands on some local to me?? Or does anyone in the area have any on hand I could POSSIBLY buy off them...??

Sincerely,
    Jonathan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    jonathan

why don't you call the formulary, and have them overnight some to you?
    i wish i had enough to send to you, but i don't have much left,
    and i need to get 5 or 6 gallons worth myself ...

good luck in your quest!
    john

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    John has the best answer, unless you can gather the chemicals and make your own.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    I suddenly find myself with a rather urgent deadline to get some prints out... and it was my intention to use ansco 130 for these. But I'll be damned if I can find any (freestyle has nothing, samy's doesn't list any chems on their site)... would anyone happen to know where I can lay my hands on some local to me?? Or does anyone in the area have any on hand I could POSSIBLY buy off them...??

Sincerely,
    Jonathan
    How much do you need? I can bring some A and B to work with me on Friday and you can take some. Like 20oz A and 40oz B to get you by for a little? I work near John Wayne Airport though.

It'll cost you a Frappacino.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Wow... I wasn't actually expecting anybody would be able to actually help me out directly... but that'd be great... The only trick is I need about 6L or 1.5 U.S. gal. of working solution... I could do it with 1.0 gal though probably. I'm doing 4x5 foot prints...(!)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Wow... I wasn't actually expecting anybody would be able to actually help me out directly... but that'd be great... The only trick is I need about 6L or 1.5 U.S. gal. of working solution... I could do it with 1.0 gal though probably. I'm doing 4x5 foot prints...(!)
    I don't know what I was thinking, I thought I read PMK. How did I get that?!

6L!!! Yikes. I was going to make a 1 liter if you needed it but wow! 6 liters!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    LOL.

What's the dilution from stock...? 1:1? I just need 4L min working solution - so.. it might even work with 1.5L... heck - I'd take what I can get. Certainly happy to pay you for it - or send you a print - or whatever it takes.. (2 frappucinos?)... trade for Formulary W2D2?

Actually- well - I can get amidol at freestyle - I guess the result's pretty similar - but there is that backup plan in case it's untenable for you (not so interested in putting good people out). My only worry about it was that it would exhaust too quickly.
    Last edited by Sparky; 09-06-2007 at 05:04 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I think I may go with the amidol - or else the formulary 106 stuff (HQ and Glycin) - anybody know what might be more 'agreeable' on Forte Polygrade?

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I think I may go with the amidol - or else the formulary 106 stuff (HQ and Glycin) - anybody know what might be more 'agreeable' on Forte Polygrade?
    I am a huge fan of 130 but Dektol is almost as good, why not go with that on the Forte??..EC

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Actually - after looking at all my options - I may well in fact DO that, EC. I'm planning on toning the crap out of them anyway (titanium!!) ... but I just was hoping that I'd find something really magical with the 130 on that paper.

guess I just thought I'd see what my options were...

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin