Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,955   Posts: 1,586,013   Online: 672

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by David H. Bebbington View Post
    To be tediously factual for a moment:
    Kodak's current T400 CN (ISO 400, C-41 process) film is a T-grain film even though it doesn't have the name T-Max on the box (this is apparently reserved for conventional-process film). The camera-club "idiot" was therefore not out quite as far as some people seem to think!
    But David, you fail to understand the nuance.

This 20 years to the senior of yon fair maiden was naught but a sexist swine trying to seduce the OP by inquiring about which film she was referring to. But being an addled-minded pig he was quickly 'dissed as it was proper to do.

And where upon, learning of this tale of nefariousness, our fair fellows of APUG (primarily the New England regiment) rose to defend the damsel's distress for having to had to encounter such a dastardly fellow.

For woe be tide, it is even possible that he might be a digital shooter. Although one can never, in fact, know of this except by the implication of his ignorance of the nuances of film.

Why then wouldst though really seek to defend this aged knave by pointing out such factual information as to the confusion many of us now have regarding such nomenclature as TCN and BCN and what C-41 processing might have to do (or actually, not do) with traditional B&W processing of Tri-X?

Oh, and yes, where dost T-Max fit in? Clearly it is the means whereby decaying old codgers are seeking to seduce fair maidens at camera club meetings. Perhaps it should be banned as a dangerous tool capable of enabling blackguards to seduce maidens via its "vapors".

:rolleyes:

JPD
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Stever View Post
    May be T-Max does not have silver when it is in Pennsylvania.
    All the silver in Pennsylvania is used to make silver bullets. I think you will understand why when you read this quote from Wikipedia:

"Traditionally, the silver bullet is the only kind of bullet for firearms that is effective against a witch, vampire, monster, or a person living a charmed life."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    May be T-Max does not have silver when it is in Pennsylvania.

Steve
    My T-Max seems to be working just fine despite being shot, processed and printed in Pennsylvania... Weird.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by copake_ham View Post

Oh, and yes, where dost T-Max fit in? Clearly it is the means whereby decaying old codgers are seeking to seduce fair maidens at camera club meetings. Perhaps it should be banned as a dangerous tool capable of enabling blackguards to seduce maidens via its "vapors".

:rolleyes:
    I am sure Bethe is well able to guard against advances by evil old photographers - to smooth things over at the camera club, though, perhaps at the next meeting she should make a point of admiring the size of this older person's filter mount.

Regards,

David

Shooter
    Medium Format
    there was the time the manager of the (actually respectable) camera section of a dept. store insisted that his photographer friend's Leica M8 malfunctioned and Leica replaced it with an M9. He was adamant that I was mistaken about there not being an M9 .

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by rjas View Post
    there was the time the manager of the (actually respectable) camera section of a dept. store insisted that his photographer friend's Leica M8 malfunctioned and Leica replaced it with an M9. He was adamant that I was mistaken about there not being an M9 .
    I am not completely surprised. Electronic focal plane cameras [how is that for distancing oneself from the d-word] use software [actually firmware] to process the images. A common software error is and off-by-one error. Therefore it is evident that he has incremented not once but twice in error => that would read: M8 -1 was upgraded to a M9 -1 ... a M7 was upgraded to a M8.

Of course that would imply that a M7 is not a film camera. hmmm ... I need to rethink this one.

May be a M8 was replaced by a M8???

Interested readers want to know!!

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Interested readers want to know!!

Steve
    I think he had no idea what he was talking about. Well intentioned feller though.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Monophoto View Post
    Just think - in November, that guy gets to vote.

Scary, isn't it?
    Ha, doesn't make any difference, look at the list of candidates if you want scary...EC

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by copake_ham View Post
    Hmm:
    Pennsylvania voted in 2000 for Gore. And Bush in 2004.
    So which election are you referring to?
    So, are you saying every person in PA voted for Gore in 00? There had to be at least one who didn't!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by winger View Post
    Since I'm in PA, I figured I'd go to a nearby camera club meeting to try and meet some people (since I only know about 4 people here). The guy sitting behind me, once he found out I shoot film, asked me what I liked to use. When I said I was currently using T-Max 100, he said, "Do you know what the difference is between that and TriX? TriX has less latitude and has silver, while TMax has more latitude and no silver, just dye." I was tempted to ask him how you develop it then, since all developers are intended to convert the silver grains. I desisted.
    He must have gotten his "facts" from an online forum......

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin