Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,678   Posts: 1,482,079   Online: 766

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Aggie,

You busted me. After meeting Jorge in Mexico and sharing a cerveza and a less than perfect chili relleno, and after hearing about the mountains in his neighborhood, I have been there mentally for weeks!

dgh
    David G Hall

Amongst the cornfields & rednecks of central Indiana
    Actually,

FP-100B & FP-100C has been around for quite a while. I used it about 3 years ago (had some imported in from Europe) and it's great. Polaroid ProVivid (689 I think) is actually made for them by Fuji. It is the FP-100C.

It's not unusual for Fuji to release it's own product (that it made for another company) a few years after the other company releases it under their own nametag.

For example: Fuji TX-1=Hasselblad XPan, Fuji GX645AF = Hasselblad H1, Fuji FP100-C=Polaroid 689 (or 679).

The colors for FP-100C are amazingly "correct" for instant film. It's been a pain to try and get some in the US for years, and they finally are releasing it in the US for sale. B&H Photo has had FP-100C for years. (look under film, instant) and you'll see it there. Must have been imported there.

Doc,

Is it basically the same format as Polaroid? Will it fit in a Polaroid holder?

dgh

David G Hall

Amongst the cornfields & rednecks of central Indiana
    David,

It is the exact size that fits the , uh , 3 1/4 x 4 1/4 (Type 405) 'standard' Polaroid back for 66x, 10x films. The kind that is used for proofing on my Hassy, Mamiya, etc.

I'm actually looking at my old 2001 B&H catalog and on page 52, under "Color & Black/White Film", "Polaroid Instant Films"...there is an entry for "Fuji Instant Film", "Fuji FP100C 10 Pk Glossy"...11.99.

And, BTW, it's 689 that is the Fuji made Polaroid the "Pro Vivid". And, yes, it fits perfectly in the polaroid holder (actually, on my Hassy PolaPlus, it seems to fit "better" (it doesn't catch when I remove the empty pack))

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin