Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,445   Posts: 1,570,000   Online: 883

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    tac

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Mark S:

I have a couple old boxes of Kodabromide FB double weight F3 smooth white glossy postcards, 500 sheet boxes, Cat. 144 1831; I doubt that I'll ever use it- I just bought some Ilford RC postcard stock.
    I think one box is unopened, and if you want, I'll process some from the opened box (they were stored together and bought at the same time) and see how much it's fogged, and see if a little benzotriazole won't correct that.
    If it looks good, I can send you a scan, and you can make me an offer.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I cut 18x24 cm FB sheets in two, for 12x18 cards. I print labels (Herma brand) for address and tech. info and stick them on the back.

I've used Kentmere Fineprint VC and Foma Fomatone MG. No complaints so far. My experience is that the FB cards hold up better than RC, strangely enough.
    Be careful his bow tie is really a camera
    timeUnit

Shooter
    Digital Negs
    I purchased some Kentmere postcard sized FB paper a year or so ago 3 1/2 x 5 1/2 inches.

It is still listed on the website as being available.

nn

Shooter
    35mm
    You guys know you can flatten fiber paper right? You can get presses for this sort of thing or you can just iron it flat and let it cool underneath a heavy book for about 15 minutes. Works like a charm.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingCamera View Post
    Also, I would think that FB paper in itself would not stand up to the abuse the post office gives a postcard nearly as well as an RC postcard would. FB is more prone to bending, wrinkling and folding if you poke it funny on a corner. Which happens a lot in the sorting machines I would imagine.
    Oh come on, I respectfully disagree with you. Photo postcards, printed on darkroom developing Fiber base photo paper have been around for all of the 20th century, and successfully been mailed now for 100+ years. Just go to any flea market, antique mall, old book seller, etc., and you can find hundreds of views, both personal and generic of almost any subject a photographer could shoot and print onto photo postcard paper. It was quite the business for local photographers in the first few decades of the 20th century. There are items much flimsier than double-weight fibre paper mailed everyday.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I know this may take time and many may not have a mount press. Would it be fine just to mount the print to 1 or 2 ply acid free matt boards using an iron for securing?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin