Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,821   Posts: 1,581,715   Online: 1027

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Ilford FP4 Plus fine grain medium speed developing time

This is my second roll of film to develop. I'm nervous as hell. I do not know if the chart at the college will have this film on it to tell me how long to develop it.

How long do I develop a roll of Ilford FP4 Plus Fine Grain Medium speed black and white film in D70 (I hope to hell I got the name of the chemical right. It's at the school lab. I know nothing. I'm a retarded mad scientist)

The water temp is always above 68 degrees (usually around 74 to 78 -- yay Texas Gulf Coast).

Hope this helps. Hope someone can help me.

much thanks
    Noobanonymous
    Miracles happen every second of our lives. You just have to be aware enough to see them.

http://corazondedios.deviantart.com/

Images
    I'm sure you meant D-76. It is functionally the same as Ilford's ID-11. At 68 F I would say 8 minutes at full strength would get you a printable negative. You should probably dilute the developer with an equal part of water if you must use 75 degrees or so.
    Gadget Gainer

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    wow! you guys are fast.
    I also found this link
    http://www.digitaltruth.com/devchart.html

It proved to be very helpful as well
    Miracles happen every second of our lives. You just have to be aware enough to see them.

http://corazondedios.deviantart.com/

Shypii90
    hey i'd like to start trying out and developing ilford too so this thread is proving very useful!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I do FP4 in D76 1:1 for 7.5 minutes @68 degrees. At 75 degrees, using Ilford's chart as a guide, I would go about 5.5 minutes. I do tend to like a negative that's a little thinner than is usually recommended, so take that into consideration.

Most films give a decent, printable negative when processed in D76 1:1 for 7 to 8 minutes @ 68 degrees, I have found.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Please do check the temperature before you start. That way you have a basis for future developing too.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin