Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,218   Posts: 1,532,177   Online: 998

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

The original question

Quote Originally Posted by Discpad View Post
    John is dead-on: Use color film fixer you can get from any minilab supply house. You DO have minilabs in Copenhagen, don't you?

Here in the States, Kodak Flexicolor fixer is $32.95 for a cubetainer of concentrate that makes 25 gallons: I use it for everything.

One word of caution: C41-RA (rapid access) fixer is Very Strong, and Very Expensive... But it will work just fine for B&W & E-6 film as well.
    Yes, but the original question was:

would anyone have a recipe for a home-made fixer, mainly based on ingredients available from the local pharmacy?

....Readymade (liquid) fixer is hard to come by where I live, and online ordering is not an option due to shipping costs, and/or restrictions on export of fluid chemicals.....
    Tom Hoskinson

Everything is analog - even digital :D

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Kvistgaard View Post
    Hi,

would anyone have a recipe for a home-made fixer, mainly based on ingredients available from the local pharmacy?

Readymade (liquid) fixer is hard to come by where I live, and online ordering is not an option due to shipping costs, and/or restrictions on export of fluid chemicals.

It needs to be of the non-hardening variety, to not interfere with toners.

I hope you can help!

Thanks
    Søren
    Hi Søren

I live in Denmark too and I have imported a lot of fluid and dry chemicals (fixer and developers) from Germany, without any restrictions. So I think you should give online ordering, at least from the EU, a try.

Hilsen Tom

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin