Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,290   Posts: 1,535,398   Online: 768

Thread: TMY Anyone/

I just posted this on a completely unrelated thread but thought I would ask out loud, so to speak, to the group...

I have no experience with TMY as rolls or sheets, but just bought both because the deal was too good to pass up. I am familiar with TMX, and have used it pretty successfuly with pyro.

Any differences with TMY? Anyone have times for inversion of rolls or jobo rotation of sheets in pyro? Is TMY as temp sensitive as TMX?

Thanks for whatever you can offer!

dgh
    David G Hall

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Shooter
    Multi Format
    David,

TMY is my Standard Film for B&W MF shots. TMY is much more good-natured than TMX. It is far easier to develop TMY to CI < 0.6 while still reaching nominal speed. TMY lacks the typical increase of contrast in highlights, for which TMX is notorious. I usually process TMY in a rotary tube with XTOL. But I got good results with T-MAX-Developer (which is useless for TMX), D-76 and PMK, too. For finest possible grain, use Moersch MZB (two bath developer, see http://www.moersch-photochemie.de/chemie/c...php?typ=NEGATIV (translate with Google)). I can give you the details for TMY if you’re interested.

My suggested starting point for PMK is: 10+20+1000 12:00 @21°C for rotary processing. Increase 25% for manual agitation.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin