Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,912   Posts: 1,521,620   Online: 847

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Bergger News

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulrich Drolshagen View Post
    Hi,

I think it's a logical step to go. They compete in emulsion technology not in production technology. Sharing the production plant (mainly coating I think) will reduce capital cost for both and makes them both more competitive. This works as long as the coating technology for both their emulsions is appropriate. Which may not always be the case. But there are several coating lines to chose from worldwide.

cheers

Ulrich
    As PhotoEngineer, FotoImpex and others have pointed out...

It is never simple and - rarely possible at all - to take Emulsion A from Company A and produce it at Company B.
    Last edited by aldevo; 10-03-2007 at 03:16 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Digital Photography is just "why-tech" not "high tech"..

Shooter
    Large Format
    I thought Ilford said they were comitted to keeping B&W film and paper alive even if they had to help produce their competition. Adox and Efke film are manufactured in the Ilford plant now. I'm not suprised Bergger had to follow.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I thought Adox/Efke was being made in Croatia?
    "Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once and a while, you might just miss it."
    Ferris Bueller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Not quite true. Bullshit !!!!

Fotoimpex sell Ilford film rebadged as Adox, Fotoimpex own the Adox trade name. Ilford do not manufacture any EFKE films, EFKE make them all themselves.

Get your facts right.

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Kinney View Post
    Adox and Efke film are manufactured in the Ilford plant now..

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    EFKE films are made in Croatia;.

However EFKE no longer own the Adox trade name, that is now owned by Fotoimpex who are rebadging products from a variety of manufacturers under the Adox brand name.

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bill View Post
    I thought Adox/Efke was being made in Croatia?

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mhv View Post
    ... Bergger sells at least one paper that is unique, their extra-premium 100% rag base, and well, there must be a market for that. Their VC papers are really nice as well, and have their own "flavour."
    That "Silver Supreme" paper is the most expensive paper on the market, and I have sometimes wished I hadn't discovered just how different it is. When it's the right paper, nothing else comes close...

The "Art Contact" is unique in the market too, I believe? It even liths well, except for the ridiculously long exposure time!
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    What you don't know is that Bergger bought some material to Forte plant and moved it to Ilford. So products will be in continuation of those we bought till now. And I hope so !
    Aurelien, Analog Photographer

the analog place to be

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurelien View Post
    What you don't know is that Bergger bought some material to Forte plant and moved it to Ilford. So products will be in continuation of those we bought till now. And I hope so !
    I hope you are proven correct. Even if true, the products cannot be absolutely identical to those produced in Vac, Hungary. Better? Worse? Identical to Ilford's? We will have to wait and see.

I would not doubt Bergger's intentions but for Guy Gerard's and Daniel Boucher's continual refusal to acknowledge that most (not all, but most) Bergger products were re-branded Forte ones.

Ultimately, it will be the testimonials of the customers that determine whether these products are distinct from Ilford's or not. If they are not, then I think word will spread rather quickly.

In any case, thank you for posting this update. Now...we wait.
    Last edited by aldevo; 10-03-2007 at 04:55 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ole View Post
    That "Silver Supreme" paper is the most expensive paper on the market, and I have sometimes wished I hadn't discovered just how different it is. When it's the right paper, nothing else comes close...

The "Art Contact" is unique in the market too, I believe? It even liths well, except for the ridiculously long exposure time!
    I wish for you that the oil prices keep going up!
    Using film since before it was hip.

"One of the most singular characters of the hyposulphites, is the property their solutions possess of dissolving muriate of silver and retaining it in considerable quantity in permanent solution" — Sir John Frederick William Herschel, "On the Hyposulphurous Acid and its Compounds." The Edinburgh Philosophical Journal, Vol. 1 (8 Jan. 1819): 8-29. p. 11

My APUG Portfolio

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant View Post
    Not quite true. Bullshit !!!!

Fotoimpex sell Ilford film rebadged as Adox, Fotoimpex own the Adox trade name. Ilford do not manufacture any EFKE films, EFKE make them all themselves.

Get your facts right.

Ian
    Actually...

Efke 400 actually has been two separate emulsions - neither of which was produced at the Efke facility in Croatia. Very briefly it was HP5+ (late 2004 after Ilford's difficulties) and now it is APX 400 (Efke having procured a share of the remaining AgfaPhoto-produced APX 400 emulsion to finish and cut).

So it isn't quite true that Efke makes all their films.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin