Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,219   Posts: 1,532,254   Online: 843

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Bergger News

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulrich Drolshagen View Post
    You are the expert. But I am sure, Bergger will sell us any difference between their current products and the future ones resulting from the use of different coating plants as substantial improvement

Ulrich
    Now that will most certainly prove true

At least an effort is being made to get something called Bergger back into the marketplace. We'll see whether we get the silk purse or the sow's ear, so to speak...
    Digital Photography is just "why-tech" not "high tech"..

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ole;

I love that "Bergger-est". But it is true.

Best wishes to all concerned.

PE

Shooter
    Large Format

Adox link

Here is a link to Adox's site that tells which emulsions are being manufactured by Ilford.

http://www.adox.de/english/ADOX_Films/ADOX_Films.html

I do have my facts right. They state the reason for the change in other places on their site as wanting better consistancy in their product.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    That says that "Adox CHM" films are being coated by Ilford. I'm not sure which these are, but I'm guessing they are higher speed emulsions, since Efke never has coated films faster than 100, and my impression is that they don't have the technology to do so.

Adox CHS films (Adox/Efke 25, 50, and 100) are being coated in Samobor, Croatia by Efke--

http://www.adox.de/english/ADOX_Film...CHS_Films.html
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    CHM = Cubic Heterodispers Multilayer

Adox Germany (Fotoimpex) links them to FP4 and HP5.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This CHM sounds more like Ilford technology than Agfa. IDK, as I have not kept up as well as I should in the last years of Agfa's technology.

PE

Shooter
    Large Format
    Simon:

Can you say anything about the distribution of the Bergger materials? Will you be sharing distribution channels (which could mean more easy availabilty)?

Thanks.

Ed

JLP
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks to everybody in the know. It is really nice to read something this possitive.
    Now, where's my Ilford Polo shirt? i need it.

jan

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Dear All,

Once again, we do not sell as private label any of our film or paper products to anybody and have not since HARMAN technology was founded in February 2005.

As to Bergger they have their own distribution channels :
    Simon ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology Limited :

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Simon,

I think what we're all getting at is wanting to know if you have any details, broad or specific, as to the Harman/Bergger aggreement. It is clear that the Bergger products will absolutely not be relabeled Ilford products, but what then will they be? Is Bergger transferring its formulas and hoping for the best? Are Bergger and Harman working together to generate new formulas for Bergger to use? Or has Bergger cooked up something new on its own and they're simply 'renting' production space? That, I believe, is what we're all trying to get. Bergger paper wil remain distinctly 'Bergger-est' while Ilford/Harman will remain the 'Ilford-est,' even if they are made at the same facility.

Best to all,
    Patrick

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin