Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,653   Posts: 1,481,318   Online: 1055

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789

Thread: Bergger News

Quote Originally Posted by aldevo View Post
    As PhotoEngineer, FotoImpex and others have pointed out...

It is never simple and - rarely possible at all - to take Emulsion A from Company A and produce it at Company B.
    Exactly. I can't imagine anything appearing other than a repackaged Ilford or Kentmere paper
    Mark
    Mark Layne
    Nova Scotia
    and Barbados

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Layne View Post
    Exactly. I can't imagine anything appearing other than a repackaged Ilford or Kentmere paper
    Mark
    I think that is overly pessimistic. While many pundits agree that making an "identical" product is very very difficult..there is no reason to rule out products that are similar to the old ones. One of Berggers popular films, the ISO 200 b/w, which many say is Fortepan 200. Ilford does not make an ISO 200 film. So, if Bergger continues this product, it will have to be different from existing Ilford films. And who is to say that Ilford can "only" make what it now makes? They may have existing formulas for their coating equipment for products they do not wish to market themselves.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    I think you are all wrong about it: Bergger will continue all its former products. But there will be slight modificatons due to european environment legislation.
    If you go on Harman Technology Website, you'll see that they provide a film and paper coating line for customer. And Simon said that Ilford won't sell Ilford products to another brand for rebadging. So, Bergger products will be Berger products.
    Aurelien, Analog Photographer

the analog place to be

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurelien View Post
    I think you are all wrong about it: Bergger will continue all its former products. But there will be slight modificatons due to european environment legislation.
    If you go on Harman Technology Website, you'll see that they provide a film and paper coating line for customer. And Simon said that Ilford won't sell Ilford products to another brand for rebadging. So, Bergger products will be Berger products.
    Sure, but there remains ample evidence from our handfull of posters with true knowledge of how these products are designed and manufactured (Fotohuis, PhotoEngineer, Fotoimpex) that the characteristics of the finished product are every bit as sensitive to the product's manufacturing process as the design of the product itself.

Fotoimpex has posted a particularly interesting story of how AgfaPhoto was forced to replace its emulsion "kettle" around 2004 and that the last batches of APX that were produced exhibited much more pronounced grain, different gradation, and a loss of film speed - despite no changes in the emulsion formulations themselves.

Ultimately, we will simply have to wait for these products to appear to judge them. In the meantime, I applaud both Ilford and Bergger for making a go of it..
    Digital Photography is just "why-tech" not "high tech"..

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Brac View Post
    It seems that though the BRF15 & 100 may be new to linhofstudio's catalogue, from a Google search they seem to have been introduced last year. So clearly the current stock was not made by Ilford. According to the search some people claimed they were made by Forte but in view of what has been said above this may not be correct. One of life's little mysteries I guess.
    I believe these presently are manufactured by the former ORWO, now known as Filmotec. Fortepan 100, itself, may not have been manufactured by Forte after it resumed its operations in early 2005 following its initial suspension of operations. I have some Fortepan 100 that was manufactured after this time and, even accounting for the considerable variations that can result in different production runs of Forte products , it seems a different emulsion alltogether.
    Digital Photography is just "why-tech" not "high tech"..

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    All I care about is when I'm going to be able to find Bergger paper again.
    I need my VCBS.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Bergger's new RC papers PN 80 & PN 81 (Harman/Ilford manufacture) were reviewed in last months french magazine Réponses PHOTO, and Bergger also advertised the new Fibre papers page 179 in the same November issue, PN 71 Neutral and PN 70 Warm.

Ian

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Layne View Post
    Mark
    I think this is unlikely Mark
    Tim

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin