Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,969   Posts: 1,558,537   Online: 1094

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Efke 25

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I had a chance to buy and try some 2 years ago, and shied away because I hadn&#39;t yet heard of it. DOH&#33;&#33;&#33; <kicking myself>

Images
    I&#39;ll take orders for it next time I go up to SF. It was &#036;3 a roll of 120 there.
    hi!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    For a good guideline as to developing times for films I usually consult the Massive Development Chart at www.digitaltruth.com.
    Digital is best taken with a grain of silver.

Images
    The M.D.C. has great info on starting times, but lacks info on what look the film / soup combo has. I&#39;d love it if they added that info.
    hi!

This is what Ansel called an ortho-panchromatic emulsion. It is more sensitive to green than most contemporary films, so it is superior for rendering foliage. I used to rate it at 12 and give it 9 minutes in Rodinal (1+100) at 70 degrees. I seem to recall that I also sometimes rated it at 40 and developed it in the Pyrocatechin Compensating Formula that Ansel gives in The Negative--developing time was in the vicinity of 15 to 20 minutes.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hello Brian,

Did you have a look at www.fotokemika.com?
    Digital is best taken with a grain of silver.

Images
    thanks for the link.
    hi!

I don&#39;t believe you can compare Efke and Forte. They are both high silver films but the Eke films are thin emulsion while the Forte films are very thick emulsion. I&#39;ve also found the Efke films to be true to their ISO while the Forte films usually work best rated a stop slower.

The Efke 25 is my favorite film. It has just become available in 11x14 from the jandc site listed previously. I cant&#39; wait to process my first 11x14 ISO 25 negative.

Images
    11x14 ISO 25... Holy Smokes&#33; What kind of shutter speeds are you going to get in order to have decent DOF?
    hi!

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    That&#39;s the neat thing about using slow films - you count the exposure. In seconds. Very nice when using barrel mounted lenses - or old unreliable shutters&#33;
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin