Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,772   Posts: 1,516,541   Online: 877

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Exposure notes form

I am at my wits end, trying to find some sheet form for taking notes of exposures out in the field. I am aware there is one in the AA series books but I don't have it with me and I need to show a student an example - where can I find one on the net? Tried a billion word combinations but no luck...
    “Do your work, then step back. The only path to serenity.” - Lao Tzu

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Pocket tape recorder or its modern equivalent.
    Free Photography Information on My Website
    http://www.rogerandfrances.com

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    These are relatively easy to knock up in a word processor. Here are links to a couple I've used:

My current negative / printing record form (A4)
    An older form designed for record cards that I could carry into the field

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You could try the Library on this advertisers site.

Go to the bottom of the page under Template, I think the last pae is what you are looking for.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    g'day Jerevan

you could try designing your own in a word processing program like MS Word

a table, several columns, plenty of lines

it aint rocket science

I work as a graphic artist in mostly Quark XPress. If you tell me what information and a basic idea of how you want it laid out with the size I can produce a pdf file for you that you can print out on your printer. I can even lay several out on a sheet so all you have to do is cut them out. Let me know.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Exposure notes

Here's my latest version of a form that I've been using for a few years, based on AA's. It has space for 36 entries, if you use one line per shot. It's set up as two files because I don't have a double-sided printer at home - you may want to merge the .pdfs if you do have a double-sided printer.
    Attached Files

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I just use the waterproof yellow Rite-in-the-Rain notebooks and a pencil. I like No.311 "Level"...5"x7", 48pp. Simple permanent record...easy to access and download into my brain (called "reading")...does not need to be upgraded or transferred onto the latest technological marvel.

I know what I want to write in them, so I don't need a form to fill in the blanks.

Vaughn

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn View Post
    I just use the waterproof yellow Rite-in-the-Rain notebooks and a pencil. I like No.311 "Level"...5"x7", 48pp. Simple permanent record...easy to access and download into my brain (called "reading")...does not need to be upgraded or transferred onto the latest technological marvel.

I know what I want to write in them, so I don't need a form to fill in the blanks.

Vaughn
    I use a Moleskin notebook when I'm making negatives because it's free form and I can record anything that I think is relevant. But I transfer the key data to record sheets when I develop the negs because then I can file these together. Otherwise I'm always trying to find the right bit of data in the right notebook when I want to look something up. Looking back over old notebooks, it's interesting to me to see how what I thought was important to record has changed over time.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I use no residue gaffer's tape right on my film holders. When I develop, I peel off the tape and stick it on the envelope...EC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin