Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,901   Posts: 1,584,458   Online: 929

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well, not really. First, some is lost to carry out with each print that goes through. More is lost if you filter off the inevitable sludge that accumulates. Replenish the solution by removing an amount of the used working solution, minus the losses, equal to the amount of fresh concentrate needed to bring the working solution back up to its original strength.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Dear Haris,

Most of your questions have already been answered but :

Always work in a well ventilated darkroom:
    Always read the instructions :
    Read the full MSDS ( material data safety sheets ) on the ILFORD Photo website:
    Protect yourself, always use tongs, wear gloves and suitable clothing protection :

Simon ILFORD photo / HARMAN technology Limited :

ITD
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by fschifano View Post
    Well, not really. First, some is lost to carry out with each print that goes through. More is lost if you filter off the inevitable sludge that accumulates. Replenish the solution by removing an amount of the used working solution, minus the losses, equal to the amount of fresh concentrate needed to bring the working solution back up to its original strength.
    Thanks, it was the removal of an amount of used solution which I'd not seen mentioned before. Makes perfect sense now!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, IMHO you always dump the last bit and you lose small amounts over time.
    If you want to be consistent filter every XX weeks and then replace (take some out and put some fresh in) about 10%

Quote Originally Posted by ITD View Post
    I've often wondered about this - if you just keep replenishing it, and never discarding, won't you eventually end up with gallons of the stuff?
    Mama took my APX away.....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon R Galley View Post
    Dear Haris,

Most of your questions have already been answered but :

Always work in a well ventilated darkroom:
    Always read the instructions :
    Read the full MSDS ( material data safety sheets ) on the ILFORD Photo website:
    Protect yourself, always use tongs, wear gloves and suitable clothing protection :

Simon ILFORD photo / HARMAN technology Limited :

Thank you all,

Simon, thanks, I am aware of what you said, but one thing is theory, and practice... For example what means well ventilated darkroom, that is what well ventilated means to you and what to me ...

Thanks again
    Bosnia... You don't have to be crazy to live here, but it helps...
    No things in life should be left unfinis

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin