Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,876   Posts: 1,520,252   Online: 1129

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    If anyone is interested, there is an adult student--meaning not 20-something--down at Cypress College in southern California named Fran Matthews who is combining X-ray photography with lith printing. She was (still is?) an X-ray technician and she is quite proficient with this technique...her lith prints of X-rayed flowers are quite remarkable. You can see some of her stuff down at Cypress' campus (in the Photography department, natch) as part of a show called "Emerging (I) 3", which is a collection of student works from various SoCal schools.

Shooter
    Large Format
    I'm one of the ones playing with the x-ray film. Up until now I've been having a hard time controlling the contrast of the negatives and still have it dense enough or not too dense. Then after reading a little on Ansco 130 for film and the post by Jim Galli on how he does Ortho Lith film I got to experimenting. I tryed the 130 at 1:20 dilution. Look pretty good but came up too fast and a little to contrasty. So remembering what Jim said about the Benzotriazol, I added about 25ml of 1% and tryed again. It extended the dev time to 5.5 min. Negs look very good. Contrast looks good and they look like a very normal negative. Very sharp also. I have not printed them yet. The film I have is the Kodak ortho green stuff. It expired in 1998. I was able to get 4 8X10 negatives before I had to extended the dev time to 6 min. At that point I tossed it. Nice thing about doing x-ray film is you can wath it under red light and tell what you are doing.
    Leslie D. Wall
    AKA DeBone75

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin