Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,540   Posts: 1,544,318   Online: 948

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    When I want to bleach (total) prints I use the bleach formula from ECN 2 process (potassium ferricyanide .. 40 g and sodium bromide ….. 25 g all for 1000 ml solution. After a good wash go in the fixer. In this case, you can have a good control of process (solution with constant proprieties) that a singe solution (have a little life of work). If you want only reducer a little of general density of the print I think this option is good if you use a dilution 1:5 for bleach solution.
    For b/w negatives, I use only potassium ferricyanide (1.5 – 2.5 g/ 1000 ml) and after a good washing the film go in the fixer. The speed of silver dissolving, in this case, is little without sodium bromide.
    I thing that the reducer with a single solution have same unknown finish.

George

hka
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Today I did some experiments with my homebrew Reducer with Ammonium Thiosulfate. As Ian said start with 10% stock solution. With this in mind I made some testprints. Started with a very diluted version with 2,5 ml Solution A and 12,5 ml Solution B at 1 liter water, souping the print for 30 seconds was quite right. This gave me an 0,05 density reducing in the highlights just enough to give it that sparkle I needed.
    harry

Release, the best you can do...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin