Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,546   Posts: 1,572,948   Online: 1024

Shooter
    Medium Format

developer for delta 3200

hi all, i have recently been experimenting with high speed films for indoor work without flash, and have settled on delta 3200 as my favorite. i have been using it primarily in d76, but there is probably something better out there for this film, right? what developer would you recommend? i will be using the film primarily at ei 3200, sometimes 1600. thanks...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    We has this discussion a few weeks ago, run a search in the archhives

Anyway, and if Mr,Alz-heimer doesnlt betray me Xtol and DDX were the favorites in the consensus
    Mama took my APX away.....

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by titrisol View Post
    ... Xtol and DDX were the favorites in the consensus
    And Microphen. True ISO in DDX & Microphen c. 1200 (the maximum obtainable; about 1/3 stop faster than D76); with a long-toe film designed for pushing, 3200 is not out of sight.

It is alleged that D76 is better for pushing, but this is a matter of personal opinion when it comes to tonality. Many have found it better to use a developer designed to deliver a higher true ISO.
    Free Photography Information on My Website
    http://www.rogerandfrances.com

Shooter
    35mm
    If this is 35mm then it depends on your view of grain in the prints. Strange as it may seem for a developer which is normally used with films rated at up to one stop slower than box speed, Ilford actually mentions Perceptol as being particularly suitable for D3200 - even at box speed.

I have developed D3200 at box speed in both ID11 and Perceptol and the latter produces much less grainy prints, even at 5x7. Can't compare it to DDX as I haven't used it.

I'd give an extra 2 mins on the Ilford time of 18 mins but that suits me and maybe not you. I took a chance and a guess at my time and if I were starting from scratch and experimenting I might try cutting the film in three and go for Ilford Standard Time, then 2 mins(10%) more and then 20% more to see which was best.

You'll only lose two negs in the process.

pentaxuser

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin