Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,770   Posts: 1,484,232   Online: 988

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Winser home page and Ultrafine Films

Been shooting 11x14 for a while now, wishing for a bit of extra depth of field in my portraits (Using Foma 100 with 4x 2400w/s packs I'm still stuck at f/16 when I filter the lights and compensate for the 4 feet or so of bellows)
    Hoping to get my hands on the Weisman this year for a little extra cash so I can shoot HP5+ but instead of Arista, but I noticed on the Winser page they have a 400 ISO film listed at only about 15$ more than the Arista is.
    Anyone know what kind of film this is and where it comes from?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well Ultrafine films are sold by Ultrafine Online who are listed in the Biz Directory here as Photo Warehouse.

There's nothing on their site to indicate who makes the Ultrafine films, but perhaps a small clue is their 125 ISO B&W film, maybe this is Ilford material from before their shake up, only Ilford make a 125 ISO emulsion. But a quick check on Wisner's site indicates the film is "Made in England" so it is Ilford

So maybe the 400 ISO film is Ilford HP5, that would make sense. The LF sizes are no longer available on the Ultrafin site.

Ian

Shooter
    Large Format
    I think it a safe bet that the films advertised by Wisner are not available for sale, just like his Hypergon and, unfortunately, his cameras.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin