Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,900   Posts: 1,584,412   Online: 762

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by aldevo View Post
    There is aboslutely no evidence available to anybody that Kentmere either did or did not need to sell their business to stay in operation. We will never know the true reasons for the acquisition; they are both privately held concerns and they have no obligations to report on the health of their finances to the general public.
    There is an absolute obligation for a private comapny to divulge the health of their finances in the UK (and I'm sure other countries too)

Every year a private limited company must file their annual accounts and an Annual return detailing the names and addresses of directors and shareholders, to Companies house.

You can check out Kentmere if you like and download a PDF of their accounts and / or annual return (for £1 each), it's all public information:

http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk/ba...essCompanyInfo

(bear in mind of course that a company like Kentmere may have a corporate structure of more than one company and holding companies etc. which together form the company we know)

Matt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Travis Nunn View Post
    Simon, any chance that the Art Classic and Art Document papers will be resurrected? I know they wouldn't be exactly the same as the old papers, but a similar replacement would be wonderful.
    I second the motion!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Dear Travis and Jim,

As I sure you realise I cannot possibly comment at this time about products that had been delisted by KENTMERE.

All I can confirm is what was said in the press release that all current products will remain in the range.

Simon ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology Limited :

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Great stuff Mr Galley, would hate to lose POP and Fineprint.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    I hope the buyout is a positive move for Harmon/Ilford. They produce top quality products and I hope they avoid sapping their financial strength by this purchase. Surely product duplication will be sorted out such as marketing rebranded Kodak chemicals.

Kentmere offers quality, innovative papers. My hope is that Ilford's production costs fall and the team's emulsion chemists offer photographers additional quality choices in paper. I suggest a warm toned paper with a contrast curve tuned to separate low and middle tones vs the current MGIV curves.

I appreciate the British for their traditional ways. We in the states are thankful.
    Last edited by Richard Jepsen; 10-21-2007 at 02:09 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    RJ

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Images
    Freestyle to remain exclusive Kentmere USA distributor:
    http://www.ilfordphoto.com/pressroom/latest.asp

Jon
    Mendocino Coast Black and White Photography: www.jonshiu.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Shiu View Post
    Freestyle to remain exclusive Kentmere USA distributor:
    http://www.ilfordphoto.com/pressroom/latest.asp

Jon
    Interesting...I'm a bit suprised...I would have thought there was value in combining US distrubtion of Kentmere with Ilford...

Since we're talking about Kentmere and Freestyle...will Ilford allow any Kentmere product to be private labeled?

Jerry

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jleeper View Post
    Interesting...I'm a bit suprised...I would have thought there was value in combining US distrubtion of Kentmere with Ilford...

Since we're talking about Kentmere and Freestyle...will Ilford allow any Kentmere product to be private labeled?

Jerry
    If everything is to proceed as it exists, then YES Harman will allow Kentmere paper to be private labeled. Harman has only stated that no ILFORD branded film will be private labeled.

Freestyle is a wholesale distributor, one of the largest for traditional film and paper materials, as well as a large Retail and mail order store operation. I believe they will have greater market penetration by keeping Kentmere at Freestyle distribution.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by PHOTOTONE View Post
    Harman has only stated that no ILFORD branded film will be private labeled.
    And I bet it stays that way, with Freestyle selling a good bit of private labeld Kentmere. I would guess that a much larger percentage of Kentmere gets sold under a Arista label than was ever the case for Ilford paper.

Jerry

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Harman / Ilford Photo acquires Kentmere Photographic

Maybe it was already mentioned here before, but I just noticed on the Ilford Photo website:

http://www.ilfordphoto.com/pressroom/article.asp?n=87

that Kentmere has been taken over by Harman / Ilford Photo...

Thought it might be intersting for those of you printing on Kentmere paper

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin