Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,295   Posts: 1,535,606   Online: 1134

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 378910111213
    ath
    Shooter
    35mm
    Thomas,
    basically no one came up with facts if this is true or not. The OP in the cited thread states, that everybody was talking about this at the Fotoforum (kind of fair) in Münster / Germany. This is also stated by another site, maintained by a well known and reliable german retailer, specialized in bw. He also cites no hard facts.

Thats why I asked here - to get an answer if this is true or not. Unfortunately this turned into a discussion about the other thread.

I'm waiting for Simons reply now.
    Regards,
    Andreas

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    England is not a geographically large country. One of our English members who lives relatively close just needs to get in the car and motor down there and knock on Kentmere's door.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Whilst I hope that the original Kentmere coating plant is still in operation I feel that the supposition outlined above is a distinct possibility since it is unlikely to make economic sense to buy such a business as Kentmere and keep the original plant running since this will not give maximum benefit to Harmon. From the business point of view the deal only makes sense if economies are made, and the most obvious are to move the coating to the underutilized plant at the Ilford works, and close that at Kentmere. Like others I await a less ambiguous statement of intent from Harman than that which opened this thread.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Dear All,

Since the takeover of KENTMERE Photographic Limited and after extensive discussions with the mangement of KENTMERE it has become obvious that the best solution going forward is to close the KENTMERE factory in Stavely in 2008 and transfer some personnel and manufacturing equipment from Stavely to the HARMAN technology facility at Mobberley in Cheshire.

We have been working closely with KENTMERE Photographic personnel who have been extremely supportive to ensure the smooth and seemless transfer of products from one facility to another. Our original statement has not changed at all, all KENTMERE monochrome products that were manufactured at Stavely will remain and will now be manufactured at Mobberley, no products will be discontinued, and we are currently looking at the base options going forward for the possible re-introduction of KENTMERE Art Classic.

We have produced very, very large stocks of KENTMERE manufactured product to ensure we have plenty of time to enable the equipment transfer from KENTMERE to HARMAN technology Limited to take place and to ensure that the Mobberley produced KENTMERE products are as close to the originals as is humanly and technically possible.

Simon ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology Limited :

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks Simon for clearing things up. The only Kentmere paper I use is Centennial POP but obviously I hope the move of all Kentmere papers goes smoothly. Keep up the good work...

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Simon,

I don't know whether this question is allowed or welcome here, but how many people will loose their jobs at Kentmere?

Yes, I understand that there are changes in the industry, but just want to know...

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    how many years was the lease on the mobberly plant? 10 if I remember correctly.

Whilst I was pleased about Ilford staying in business I was at the same time fearful that it would mean some of the smaller producers would go to the wall. This buyout may well be the result. I just hope Ilford are already looking to find a longer term lease or premises than they currently have.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Dear Rob,

We have a 20 year lease:

Regards

Simon ILFORD Photo / HARMAN tcehnology Limited :

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    My apologies. You have a bit more breathing space.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 378910111213

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin