Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,198   Posts: 1,531,447   Online: 782

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It looks to me that Ilford and Kentmere will a good match, Kentmere for high end fiber with different surfaces and Ilford for RC and film. I wonder about the rebranded chemistry marketed under Kentmere by Freestyle.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Simon, any chance that the Art Classic and Art Document papers will be resurrected? I know they wouldn't be exactly the same as the old papers, but a similar replacement would be wonderful.
    Last edited by Travis Nunn; 10-15-2007 at 02:13 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: gammar

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Howell View Post
    It looks to me that Ilford and Kentmere will a good match, Kentmere for high end fiber with different surfaces and Ilford for RC and film. I wonder about the rebranded chemistry marketed under Kentmere by Freestyle.
    I would use Ilford Warmtone if it was on a white base. Ilford Gallerie is by far the best Bromide(Bromo-chloride) fibre paper on the market, Kodak could never make anything to match it.

Kentona's really nice but only available in one grade, in the UK.

Kentmere's RC papers are excellent.

There's plenty of choice but not always what we want, which is why I use(d) Record Rapid, then Agfa MCP, followed by Polywarmtone.

Somehow I feel the Ilford/Kentmere/Bergger offerings will give us far more choice.

Ian
    Last edited by Ian Grant; 10-15-2007 at 01:13 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: lowest not highest form of wit

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Sad as the news that Kentmere is being taken over is, better they be taken over than die and better they be taken over by a photography materials producer than venture capatalists.

Haveing gone without a holiday this year to finance a secondhand Devere enlarger I for one will be printing to the bitter end, candidate No1 for last man standing here.
    If it has to be then I wish the new venture every success.

On a brighter note, does this mean we can have 2 factory tours next year please and will you sign me up for both of them. One is impresive, two will be AWSOME.

Regards Paul.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon R Galley View Post
    ...we report our daily sales down to the exact dollar...
    Simon ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology Limited :
    Do you really report your daily sales in Dollars?

Barry

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Phew! After reading through this thread all I can say is photographers sure do like looking at the negative! And in this case even before anything has developed.:-)
    Latent Images Plastic Toy Cameras

"Don't ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive and go do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive" - Howard Thurman

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I wonder if this is the reason my local photography outlet has started stocking kentmere papers? Last time I went in they had a huge shelf of brand new boxes of kentona and Fineprint VC and a couple of others in a nice variety of sizes. This is why I decided to give it a try - local availability

There are always going to be moments of terror for us stalwart traditional photographers, but eventually we'll find a happy equilibrium once the quakes from the global digital shift die down.
    The universe is a haunted house. -Coil

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Raise prices?
    In a shrinking, er, not growing very much market?
    What are they trying to do- stay in business??
    The bastids!!!

Ian,
    How are you keeping? Hasn't Ilford Warmtone fibre been on a white base for the last couple of years?
    But I take your point. It's a better paper than anything made by Kentmere.

Alan Clark

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by AlanC View Post
    Ian,
    How are you keeping? Hasn't Ilford Warmtone fibre been on a white base for the last couple of years?
    But I take your point. It's a better paper than anything made by Kentmere.
    Alan Clark
    Hi Alan, a lots happened since we met Unfortunately both Ilford Warmtone and Kentmere's still aren't good alternatives to Agfa MCP or Forte's Polywarmtone which is a shame.

Both are let down by minor trivialities, it's the Ilford base colour, and the Kentmere surface. The Ilford base colour was still sickly cream, and still is as far as I know.

Maybe the merger will produce a warm tone paper that people really want.

Ian

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin