Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,940   Posts: 1,585,699   Online: 1018

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hoskinson View Post
    If that approach does not work out for you, try replacing the Hydroquinone with Ascorbic Acid and the Pyrogallol with Catechol.

However, it would probably be easier to just mix some Pyrocat (either HD or MC). Pyrocat is great at clamping the highlights.
    Well, it would make my life easier to use and existing formulation. However, I do have some pyrogallol that needs to be used up first.
    "The secret to life is to keep your mind full and your bowels empty. Unfortunately, the converse is true for most people."

Images
    You can use pyrogallol in place of the catechol in Pyrocat MC, PC or HD. Pyrogallol has a heavier molecule but it also has an extra OH group, it being trihydroxybenzene instead of dihydroxybenzene. Each molecule is about 33% more active than a molecule of catechol, but weighs about 1.15 time as much, so you would use 75% as much of the pyro as of the catechol. If you would like to mix the A solution in glycol, use a small amount of ascorbic acid instead of sodium sulfite.
    Gadget Gainer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by gainer View Post
    You can use pyrogallol in place of the catechol in Pyrocat MC, PC or HD. Pyrogallol has a heavier molecule but it also has an extra OH group, it being trihydroxybenzene instead of dihydroxybenzene. Each molecule is about 33% more active than a molecule of catechol, but weighs about 1.15 time as much, so you would use 75% as much of the pyro as of the catechol. If you would like to mix the A solution in glycol, use a small amount of ascorbic acid instead of sodium sulfite.
    This is great news. Thank you for providing me with the chemical information. I'll give one of the Pyrocat formulations a whirl.
    "The secret to life is to keep your mind full and your bowels empty. Unfortunately, the converse is true for most people."

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin