Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,911   Posts: 1,521,601   Online: 886

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    It definitely says printed on Gevaluxe in 1933 in the Gilpin book. I wonder if it is a typo or if it took 20 some years to catch on.

sorry about the previously missing ees speling is not my strength if I even have a strength.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I just had the chance to hold one Gevaluxe print in my hand.
    Amazing.

However the touch is (expectedly) rather grindingpaper-like. I assume I found a way to give a white border print a more velour-like feeling on the borders, but that would be time-consuming.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    Concerning the spelling: It's -luxe.
    Obviously referring to luxury.

In a British advertisement from 1939 Gevaert wrote:

"The Stradivarius of Photo-Papers... ...There is one difference however: the photographer has no need to dream like the violinist, for Gevaluxe can be obtained everywhere at a price within everyone's reach."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by patrickjames View Post
    I have two boxes of 11x14 I have been keeping. The paper is quite extraordinary since the blacks are about as black as you can get. No light reflects off of the shadows at all. It is quite a unique paper.

I was thinking of selling it if anyone is interested. Like all the old "classic" paper I have, I just never get around to using it.

Patrick
    Patrick, Do you still have these boxes of Gevaluxe?

I am interested. Please PM me.

Ray

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin