Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,959   Posts: 1,558,111   Online: 1125

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mrtoml View Post
    I develop different brands at box speed in the same tank using Prescysol EF.
    That would be my recommendation too.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by bogeyes View Post
    I have a few old 35mm compact cameras that I like to use with 400 asa film: 400tx, hp5, 400 delta and tmax400 (just about any 400 B&W film) My question is can you recommend a film developer off the shelf or home brew that will give full box speed? I also want to develop different branded films altogether in one (four reel) paterson tank.
    Would life be easier if you settled on one 400 speed film for this type of camera? When we use a simple camera that thwarts exposure control we use HP5+ and Microphen or DDX. I think that in addition to getting "box speed" you might want a bit more since metering can be a bit mean with those cameras. Hence our choice of Microphen/DDX.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by john_s View Post
    Would life be easier if you settled on one 400 speed film for this type of camera? When we use a simple camera that thwarts exposure control we use HP5+ and Microphen or DDX. I think that in addition to getting "box speed" you might want a bit more since metering can be a bit mean with those cameras. Hence our choice of Microphen/DDX.
    Seconded. True ISO of HP5 Plus in DDX or Microphen = 650+. Much better tonality with point-and-shoot metering at 400 or 320.

But a lot of people confuse ISO and EI, and don't really understand what ISO means.

Cheers,

Roger
    Free Photography Information on My Website
    http://www.rogerandfrances.com

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Hicks View Post
    Seconded. True ISO of HP5 Plus in DDX or Microphen = 650+. Much better tonality with point-and-shoot metering at 400 or 320.

But a lot of people confuse ISO and EI, and don't really understand what ISO means.

Cheers,

Roger
    Shot a roll of 400tx in my Ricoh GR10 (bought as new from ebay for less than £10) this is a very slim pocket camera. It is not the exspensive Ricoh gr1. Developed the film in Ilford DDx and I like the look of the negs. I have not printed them yet but here is a neg I scanned. Thanks to everyone who contributed, when I have used up my present developers I shall try prescysol it is on my xmas list.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ricoh gr10 jack soccer.jpg  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin