Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,499   Posts: 1,543,179   Online: 1152

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I travel all over the world and have never had any film fogged. Mind you I make sure it goes on as carry on. Just remember you are allowed 1 carry on PLUS a camera bag.
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

"civility is not a sign of weakness" JFK

"The Dude abides" - the Dude

Also, don't forget those spiked tripod feet. They make you go get back in line at check in if you try to carry on a compact tripod with spikees.

dgh
    David G Hall

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    </span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (docholliday @ Mar 11 2003, 01:50 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> It is usually good to have a receipt and a photo of all your gear, then get it all notarized in your home town. When customs sees this, they will 99.9% of the time, not hassle you about it. Just fold it up and put it in your passport wallet for easy access.
    </td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'>
    There is a Customs Declaration Form for this, availble from U.S. Customs. I would strongly suggest that you visit your local Customs Office a few days before departure to obtain one. I would NOT wait until the day you depart and struggle at the Airport.
    It will list descriptions, serial numbers, etc., be signed by U.S. Customs, and should serve to get you through return Customs without a hassle.

The last time I flew overseas, I left Dulles in Washington D.C. with a lot of Hasselblad (Swedish) and Zeiss - Gossen (German) gear. About an hour out over the Atlantic I realized that I had not done the Customs form. I expected a king-size hassel - seizure and holding - on my return, until I could get bills of sales, etc.

Coming back into Logan in Boston, Customs scrutinized my ordinary-looking luggage -X-Rays, opening etc.
    I pointed to the "Tropicana" (shiny aluminum) case with all the camera gear and asked, "Do you want to check this one, too?" To my GREAT surprize and even greater relief, the answer was, "No .. forget it."

Sometimes, the moon and stars are in the right position and one does luck out.

The next time, I will get the Customs declaration and avoid a whole lot of sweat.
    Carpe erratum!!

Ed Sukach, FFP.

lee
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    i went to the airport and talked to the customs people and they issued me a piece of paper that had the serial numbers of the Leica equipment and when I returned I just breezed thru w&#092;o any problems. with the exception that the rest of the luggage was missing. Took 15 or so days to get it back.

lee&#092;c

Shooter
    Large Format
    What is the status of the requirement of Americans having to have a passport to enter Canada? Has this taken effect as of yet? I have out of town guess who want to visit Canada and we need to know the status.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I just corssed the canadian border on last Sunday and I had a state issued Drivers lic and my certified copy of my birth certificate and had no problems going or comming back, as far as I know the administration has backed off the passport requirement for now.

Dave

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I wanted to add a bit about this.

I recently travelled out of the USA and had my film x-ray'd four times (twice out and twice in) and I have not had any fogging. I had 25/50/100 ISO film with me and all is still good. Just an FYI.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin