Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,514   Posts: 1,543,671   Online: 934

Shooter
    Medium Format

Kodak plus x/rollei classic 100 in rodinal

I've looked at the MDC but couldn't find exactly what I'm looking for. What are good starting times for:

Kodak Plus X exposed at 64 for Rodinal 1+50 or 1+100?

Rollei Classic 100 exposed at 50 for Rodinal 1+50 or 1+100?

Thanks

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Extrapolate from data on films of similar speed for a 1 stop pull and go from there. It may not be exact, but it will get you close.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence Chai View Post
    I've looked at the MDC but couldn't find exactly what I'm looking for. What are good starting times for:

Kodak Plus X exposed at 64 for Rodinal 1+50 or 1+100?

Rollei Classic 100 exposed at 50 for Rodinal 1+50 or 1+100?

Thanks
    I shoot Plus-X at EI 100, process it at 1+60, 13 min, 70° F.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Lawrence

This link my help

http://unblinkingeye.com/Articles/Ti...00/apx100.html

http://unblinkingeye.com/Articles/Ti...00/apx100.html

Rollei classic 100 is Agfapan 100

35mm Agfapan 100 is very nice shot at 100asa developed in Rodinal 1:50 12-13 mins at 20degC The picture of the the geisha girl in my gallery is Agfapan 100 + Rodinal

I personally prefer my PX in D76 1+1

Charlie

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie-J View Post
    I personally prefer my PX in D76 1+1

Charlie
    I used to shot a ton of Pus-X 120 souped in D76 1:1 or 1:3 and loved the results, but I'm was and still am a novice B&W shooter.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I suppose the obvious question is why are you exposing Plus-X at ISO 64? The new stuff seems to be accurate at ISO 125. Are you going for a low contrast/long tonal scale? In that case I'd recommend stand development in Rodinal 1:100 or 1:200 for 20/30 minutes.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    In family pictures on the beach, (and in all of my outdoor pictures in general using box speed and recommended development times) skin tones still seem too dark with less contrast between the flesh and dark hair. I want to separate the skin tones to make them lighter and further from the hair tone if that makes sense. I am still a novice. What exactly do you mean by stand development? Can you give me specific steps and times if you have them including agitation methods for Rodinal 1:100 stand development for Rollei Classic 100 @ 50 and Plus X @ 64. I am also using an Analyzer Pro from RH designs and have already standardized on my usual paper, Ilford MG IV FB glossy. The results are quite predictable from the LED scale readings.

Also, I read the Agfa Rodinal spec sheet and it gives different development times for Rollei Classic 100 and Agfa APX 100 which supposedly are identical films. Can anyone explain this?

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin