Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,445   Posts: 1,569,936   Online: 1075

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    35mm
    Dark is dark. If you're loading with visible light present, it's something that you are getting away with, not recommended practice. Base fog levels can affect the brilliance of your prints. One might not notice, but you might, if you had something to compare it too. Just my two cents. We work so hard at everything, why take a chance over a no brainer, no effort thing?

Shooter
    35mm
    If you are loading film, I wouldn't see any need to have a timer switched on. To be on the safe side, I'd simply switch off any equipment lights for the duration of the loading and certainly wouldn't wear a luminous watch which by definition is on your wrist and close to the hand loading the film.

Finally some people use glow in the dark tape around the darkroom and while this is unlikely to fog film if a few feet away and not directly shining on it, I'd certainly try and use a space in the darkroom where the glow tape can be at least screened from the film by your body.

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Medium Format

Thanks all

A lot of practical data saying not a problem but I still think I will error on the side of caution in the form of some kind of cover.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I believe that. The Time-O-Lite's glow is one heck of a lot brighter than the "so dim you can barely see it" glow of the GraLab. And JBrunner is right. Dark is dark. If you can get away with it, so much the better. Why take the chance?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin