Switch to English Language Passer en langue franÁaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,955   Posts: 1,586,017   Online: 677

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Developer for APX100 in Jobo tank

Hello!
    Iím starting to use Jobo 2500 tank system on Unicolor motor base. What would be the best developer to use with APX 100 (120) and Arista .EDU Ultra 100 (120)? Iím very happy using Rodinal 1+50 for my manual Paterson tank system, but I heard that Rodinal is not the best developer for rotary type of tanks. Is Ilford ID 11 1+1 OK choice with those films also?
    Thanks
    Darek.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    No idea about "best" but D-23 1:3 works fine.

I'd guess dilute ID11/D-76 would be fine to.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    xtol

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Aculux 2 or 3 works rather well with APX 100 but not quite as good as Rodinal IMHO

Charlie

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I'll put in a word for Xtol straight or 1+1.
    Michael Sebastian
    Website | Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    PC-TEA works very nicely too with this film. The developer keeps well, and seems to work equally well for inversion or continuous agitation. The only downside really is that you need to mix it yourself, but that's no real hardship.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have rotary processed plenty of APX100 in a Jobo rotary system, mainly 135 but also a reasonable amount of 120.

D76 1+1 works beautifully.

I do not use a pre-wet, just drop the developer straight in and away I go. With this method you can pretty much use the Ilford/Kodak inversion times as a starting point. You will be able to fine tune your negatives after a very short time.

As you are diluting the developer and using smaller amounts be careful of over diluting the chemicals. I have had great success with a rough working method of 4 rolls per 500 ml of 1+1 D76 solution, or 2 rolls in 250ml.

Mick.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    With this film in particular, I advise Rodinal between 1:50 and 1:100. Fantastic developer.

-R

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Rodinal works just fine. So does Ilfotec HC, D-76, D-23, FX-2, and just about anything else.

I like using highly dilute developers one-shot for this - it's so much easier keeping track of the bottles!
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Thank you all for your responses! I will stick with ID11 1+1, as this developer is available in my local photo stores. I heard that D76 almost "identical" formula to ID11? So, getting starting times from D76 and apply it to ID11 should work?

Thanks
    Darek.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  ó   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin