Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,908   Posts: 1,556,113   Online: 1207

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Has anyone used this combo with Pyrocat HD and minimal agitation? I have some 4x5 sheets from a recent trip and all I have right now is Pyrocat HD. I develop in tanks. I'm sorry if an answer has been posted previously. Time and temp would be helpful.

Jim

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have to extend a BIIIIIIG thanks to everyone for helping me out with my questions! I really appreciate it, though now I have to find out what's wrong with my RB67! Shot a roll and developed it- looked great... the frames that were exposed that is! Thanks again!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I tried this combination on some Arista Edu Ultra 100 4x5 sheet film rated at box speed. I used HC110 dilution H for 7.5 minutes at 20 deg C on a uniroller setup. Constant agitation with this soup made for some unbelievable negs to print. I thank fellow APUG'er 'bliorg' for this recipe. Try it, you won't be disappointed. These results coupled with the unbelievably low cost of Arista Edu Ultra sheet film in 4x5. ($19.99 for 50 sheets) this is a steal.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Fitzgerald View Post
    Has anyone used this combo with Pyrocat HD and minimal agitation? I have some 4x5 sheets from a recent trip and all I have right now is Pyrocat HD. I develop in tanks. I'm sorry if an answer has been posted previously. Time and temp would be helpful.

Jim
    Dear Jim,

I'm pretty much starting from scratch with Arista Edu Ultra 110 and Pyrocat HD, looking for good negs for salt printing. I can only say -- after one batch -- that there is an image! Today I printed negs developed in D76, enhanced with a 1+2 KRST bath and some developed in Pyrocat HD at 2+2+100 for 14 minutes and 16 minutes with minimal agitation, both in trays. There isn't a big difference in the prints, the D76 are marginally better to my eye.

Being curious about Pyrocat HD's printability I tried printing some other 4x5 negs to Ilford MGIV VC resin coated and while the prints were OK the times and grades were weird. The results were not so remarkably different to encourage me to change from my D76 habits for standard silver gelatine prints, salt prints are an ongoing experiment though.

Regards - Ross

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin