Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,924   Posts: 1,556,743   Online: 1031

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant View Post
    It'll be interesting to see what the Ilford/Kentmere/Bergger triumvirate means to the choices of papers available in 6 moths to a years time

Ian
    Indeed...

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

I doubt very much Kentmere paper was sold in the US until more recently, and Kodak withdrawing from the B&W paper market has changed the balance significantly for Kentmere & Ilford.

Ian
    KENTMERE manufactured photo paper has been sold in the US for decades, going back to the 1960's at least, but under the LUMINOS brand name.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PHOTOTONE View Post
    KENTMERE manufactured photo paper has been sold in the US for decades, going back to the 1960's at least, but under the LUMINOS brand name.
    True but only recently sold as Kentmere, the volumes sold as Luminos can't have been that high, Kentmere's total sales for the paper and packaging division together were only around £8 million ($16 million & rising daily). The packaging division is highly successful but not part of Ilford's buyout.

Kentmere have always had a niche in the market, their products are excellent so there's a lot of room for expansion.

Ian

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

I doubt very much Kentmere paper was sold in the US until more recently, and Kodak withdrawing from the B&W paper market has changed the balance significantly for Kentmere & Ilford.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PHOTOTONE View Post
    Not correct Luminos papers were made by another company before Kentmere, and I think they originally manufactured B&W papers themselves, probably in Europe - I think the link was Tura in Germany.

Ian
    Last edited by Ian Grant; 10-27-2007 at 06:11 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format

Kentona in multi grades

I second the motion for a higher grade in Kentona

I have been doing some developer film tests using Kentmere VC, and tried some Kentona- I was not able to get close to the images with VC that I could with Kentona.

Another grade would be most welcome.

Perhaps simon would like to accumulate some pre orders, that should make it interesting to the home office.?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Grade III Kentona?
    Yes please, yes please, yes please!

Jack

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Have you tried the Beers variable contrast developer to get an increase in contrast?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin