Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,283   Posts: 1,534,943   Online: 908

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Semi-stand advice for 120 320TXP and Efke R25?

Hello! I've become interested in trying semi-stand or extreme minimal agitation development since a lot of my shots are indoors at night, or outdoors in overcast conditions. I am going to be developing my first 120 film tonight, a roll of 320TXP from my RB67, and possibly a rolle of Efke R25 as well. The developer I have available is ID-11 and I will be using a Patterson Universal tank.

Having read some threads on this, including the long one from '06, I can't really find some times, or instructions for coming up with them. Are there any resources that I am overlooking? One problem I am wondering about is if the process is finicky enough that I will be likely to mess up my first roll? If so, I'll probably develop these first few normally, then sacrifice a few to the Gods of Knowledge so that I may figure this out. It would be great to find some general guidelines considering that some people I have read use 30 minutes, and others 3-5 hours.

Thanks for the help, as always!

- Justin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cafeharrar View Post
    Hello! I've become interested in trying semi-stand or extreme minimal agitation development since a lot of my shots are indoors at night, or outdoors in overcast conditions. I am going to be developing my first 120 film tonight, a roll of 320TXP from my RB67, and possibly a rolle of Efke R25 as well. The developer I have available is ID-11 and I will be using a Patterson Universal tank.

Having read some threads on this, including the long one from '06, I can't really find some times, or instructions for coming up with them. Are there any resources that I am overlooking? One problem I am wondering about is if the process is finicky enough that I will be likely to mess up my first roll? If so, I'll probably develop these first few normally, then sacrifice a few to the Gods of Knowledge so that I may figure this out. It would be great to find some general guidelines considering that some people I have read use 30 minutes, and others 3-5 hours.

Thanks for the help, as always!

- Justin
    ID-11 (D-76) works quite well undiluted with Efke 25 - (with normal agitation). I don't believe that highly diluted D-76/ID-11 is going to work very well for semi-stand development.

For semi-stand or minimal agitation with Efke 25, I use Pyrocat diluted 1 part A plus 1 part B plus 100 parts water for 14 minutes at 21C. I start with a 2 to 5 minute soak in 21C water.

Rodinal diluted 1:100 or 1;200 also works well with semi-stand development times of 20minutes to 30 minutes.
    Tom Hoskinson

Everything is analog - even digital :D

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I haven't tried minimal agitation with ID-11 og D-76, but with R09 and FX-2 I have found, that I cannot extend the standtime beyond 10 minuts, without getting density-variations in e.g. the sky or similar featureless subjects.

Like Tom, I'm not sure that ID-11 will work well for semi-stand or minimal agitation, as ID-11/D-76 is a solvent developer and this effect might swamp the effects from the minimal agitation. If you dilut the ID-11 1+3 it might work, but it's only a guess from my side.

Tom A

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin