Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,957   Posts: 1,586,085   Online: 982

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I can not make any comment on the Fomapan T200 sheet film due to the fact this is an exclusive product for the USA.
    In Europe normally only available on 35mm and 120 roll film.

Indeed a very special emulsion:

But OK, here is where you have to sent your (defective) films:

(shot on Fuji Neopan 1600, if you're interested on which film I am working when the light is very low)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Fotohuis View Post
    Yes indeed because a STOP bath has NOTHING to do with pinholes.

You made a processing mistake or the film has a coating problem.

If the films are not over their exp. date and you have an invoice of them, they are obliged to do the investigation and replace the defect film by the same amount of new 120 roll films.

What is the batchnr. of the defective serie?

In case you do not have the invoice anymore, you can still sent the films (before exp. date) in to Foma in Hradec Kralové together with exposed and the unexposed materials in an airpack envelope. After they can detect any failure and it's NOT a processing/user fault they will replace any film by sending back by DHL.

Foma Bohemia S.R.O. is producing under ISO 9001 and is able to detect any failure in their Q.C. system.
    They are able to seach things out like Kodak, Ilford, Rollei or Fuji can do it.

But if you will not take the right action to the US Foma distributor, nothing will happening.......

I don't have any invoices, I even tossed the boxes out to save space. Will foma accept the arista.edu films as they are rebranded?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Foma is producing at their factory in Hradec Kralové the Arista packings.

This is your contact: Mrs. Dana Hojna (already giving in the Foma contact LINK ; click the U.K. flag! ):

FOMA BOHEMIA spol. s r.o. (Ltd.)
    Jana Krušinky Str.1604
    Cz-501 04 Hradec Králové
    Czech Republic (Europe)

tel.: +420 495 733 111
    fax: +420 495 733 389
    fax: +420 495 733 376

e-mail: foma@foma.cz
    VAT Reg. No.: CZ62024078

Export Marketing Dept.

Worldwide Distributors On-coming to FOMA BOHEMIA

Write to us : contact e-mail

Mrs. Dana Hojná, Dipl. Ing.
    Manager of Photo & Med. Div.
    dana.hojna@foma.cz

In case you have no confidence in the direct contact with Foma our Fotohuis in the Netherlands will accept your package of about 50 120 roll films (for an exception of APUG only; Fomapan T200 / Arista T200) for an exchange after investigation and check on claim, warranty, expiration date and the right processing by you.

You can send in your parcel by (big) air pack envelope and custom CN22 paper marked on GIFT (to prevent import duties) to:

Fotohuis RoVo
    attn. Mr. Robert Vonk
    Kromland 45
    NL-5371MP Ravenstein
    the Netherlands (Europe)

We will take care of the return package and exchange when you would be so kind to provide us your address and other necessary data.

But maybe Freestyle L.A. is also able to solve this simple problem for you

Best regards from the Netherlands, on Sunday and just have gone to winter time,

Thanks for your attention,

Fotohuis RoVo
    (Dutch Foma distributor)
    Robert Vonk

PS. The rest of this transaction can be done by PM or direct e-mail contact. And we can guarantee you that Foma Bohemia S.R.O. is NOT going out of business.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thank you so much, ill try freestyle first and then your options.

Shooter
    35mm
    FWIW, I've been using bulk-loaded Fomapan 400, sold as Arisa.EDU Ultra, as my standard 400-speed film for a while. My first box was fine in PC-Glycol developer, but the second box produces pinholes such as you describe in that developer, but not in DS-10. I don't know precisely why this is happening, but presumably there was some batch-to-batch variation in the emulsion that's caused an incompatibility with PC-Glycol (using sodium carbonate solution as the activator). It's conceivable that something similar is causing your problems, but with HC-110 rather than PC-Glycol as the developer that's bringing out the problem. If you're willing to take the time, you could shoot a test roll, cut it into pieces, and develop the pieces in whatever developers you have on hand to try to find a developer that won't activate the problems.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin