Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,290   Posts: 1,535,404   Online: 786

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Homemade Glycin

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    You must use a hood with good suction and the ventiated gas must not be discharged in such a way as to hurt anyone. Either that or you must work outdoors.
    I proper hood is important. I worked outside once with hydrofluoric acid - it worked fine until the light breeze I was working in switched directions and I got a nose full of HF vapours. I don't recommend doing that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    SNIP
    Quote Originally Posted by skahde View Post
    AFAIK and after taking a deeper look into that issue some years ago there seems to be only one maker left: The Photoformulary.

best

Stefan
    yes, from what i understand, they are the only maker left (at least in the states ) and they make it ever few weeks.

i always thought glycin was made with chicken fat
    until i realized the "er" in my ways.

silver magnets, trickle tanks sold
    artwork often times sold for charity
    PM me for details

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I recieved the article over the computer network of the local univerity library. Her is the part, which relates to the synthesis of glycin:

... Vater CJ. pr. Chem., 1884 [ii], 29, 286) obtained this compound by digesting one molecular proportion of monochloro acetic acid with two molecular proportions of p-aminophenol and 20 parts of water. we found that a better yield was obtained by using molecular proportions of p-aminophenol (3g), monochloroacetic acid (2,6g), and sodium acetate (4g) in aqueous solution. The pink solid which separated was collected and crystallised from water, from which it separated only on stirring in a somewhat floculent form. (Found, N= 8,42. Calc., N= 8,39 per cent). ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin