Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,702   Posts: 1,548,452   Online: 954

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

ID-68 shelf life?

I mixed up a liter of Ilford ID68 and the replenisher about eleven months ago. I used it quite a bit in the first couple of months and kept adding replensiher as I used it. As an indication, the original liter of replenisher is now, maybe 750-800 ml. Anyway, I haven't used the ID68 in a while. It's been sitting untouched for probably 8 months. Last night, I had some Foma 200 to dev (not my standard film) and after running the first sheet through some D-23, I gave the well aged bottle of ID-68 a go. Well, it worked but, I was hoping for a little more shadow detail - more speed from the film. To my surprise and dismay, the results were roughly comparable to those obtained from the sheet dev'd in D-23.

Now, my exposure technique aside, should I expect the almost year-old ID-68 to be "just fine" or, is it time to mix up a fresh batch? ( I really love this stuff with HP-5 pushed a stop or two).

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I don't know, but I do remember reading in the Agfa pdf files that replenished developer had full activity only if used fairly soon. If your ID68 was really good when you mixed it, I suppose you have discovered its limit when replenished and stored.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin