Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,771   Posts: 1,484,304   Online: 1125

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    </span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Michael A. Smith @ Mar 20 2003, 06:07 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> You all should know that there will be a light source coming soon (the patent has been applied for) that will enable one to enlarge on Azo. The light will not be hot, exposure times will be relatively short, and the whole thing will be reasonably priced. So then your only question will be about which film to use and how to develop it. if I were enlarging, I would probably use D-76 to develop the film. Why make it difficult if it is not significantly better. </td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'>
    will this be using the visible blue end or the uv spectrum to expose Azo? If it&#39;s uv would there be any problems with focus shift like you have with infrared?
    Gary Beasley

Interesting thread guys. I&#39;ve never seen an Amidol print yet myself, but would indeed love to see one. Having just bought a &#39;measly little 4x5", I&#39;m not thinking contact prints at this size. But it does give me food for thought at what I want to be my own &#39;standard&#39; to be in the end. Indeed, that&#39;s why I love looking at other&#39;s works: To see what&#39;s possible and to always aim to improve the final print.

If it were a limited number of people, I would be happy to make a bunch of 4x5 Azo prints and send them to those of you who are curious. As long as you promise to not criticize the content too much.

dgh

David G Hall

Shooter
    Multi Format
    David, I&#39;d like take you up on that offer...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    double posting altered to stop making me look like a raving lunitic and wanting two pics

</span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Tom Duffy @ Mar 20 2003, 12:19 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    for very generous exposure (high contrast scene) of APX 100 and Acros (EI 32) I&#39;ve got much shorter times in Rodinal then I&#39;ve seen published. With 5 min presoak and developed in a jobo, I got times of 9 min at 68 for APX and 7 min at 68 for Acros. Rodinal was mixed at 1:50 if I did the math right (10ml Rodinal to 500 ml of water).
    </td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'>
    Agfa&#39;s time for APX 100 in rodinal 1:50 g of 0.55 [Is that gamma? Contrast] is 8 minutes in a rotary tank 20C. I wonder if it&#39;s only the english language stuff that&#39;s so hard to find.

I could probably do a bunch this weekend and send them out Monday. Why don&#39;t you PM me with snail mail if you want one. I will send you an azo print unmounted so you can also see how thin the paper is.

dgh
    David G Hall

When I wrote:

You all should know that there will be a light source coming soon (the patent has been applied for) that will enable one to enlarge on Azo. The light will not be hot, exposure times will be relatively short, and the whole thing will be reasonably priced. "

I hope I did not give the impression that I was coming up with the light source. This is someone els&#39;e invention. No, there is no focus shift. I&#39;m not sure what part of the spectrum is being used. It is a trade secret, at least for now--and even I don&#39;t know. Paula and I are just helping to test it.

Michael A. Smith

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Michael, it&#39;s good to hear that the new light source for enlarging onto Azo will be available sometime soon. Do you know if the light source will be readily adaptable to common 4x5 enlargers? Especially to a Beseler 45?

Skip.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    </span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (glbeas @ Mar 20 2003, 02:15 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Michael A. Smith @ Mar 20 2003, 06:07 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> You all should know that there will be a light source coming soon (the patent has been applied for) that will enable one to enlarge on Azo. </td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'>
    ...will this be using the visible blue end or the uv spectrum to expose Azo? If it&#39;s uv would there be any problems with focus shift like you have with infrared?</td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'>
    How would one notice a "focus shift" in the enlarger? - Or would this be switchable from "Ordinary" to "Special for AZO"?
    Carpe erratum!!

Ed Sukach, FFP.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin