Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,222   Posts: 1,532,456   Online: 1154

Shooter
    Multi Format

Can anybody point me to the Kodak Tech Pub for the previous version of TMY

Kodak has updated their tech pub (new one is F-4043) for TMAX 400 to reflect the new emulsion.

I'd like to get my hands on the tech pub for the previous version of this film to do compariskions.

Anybody have it handy?

Thanks
    Digital Photography is just "why-tech" not "high tech"..

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by aldevo View Post
    Kodak has updated their tech pub (new one is F-4043) for TMAX 400 to reflect the new emulsion.
    http://www.kodak.com/global/en/profe...4016/f4016.pdf

Unless you want to go way back:

http://www.kodak.com/global/en/profe...bs/f32/f32.pdf

Shooter
    Medium Format
    When is the new film going to be available? Looks like they are still selling the "old" version at Calumet and B&H.
    Michael Sebastian
    Website | Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If you look at Roger Hicks original post I think he & John Sexton quote the Kodak Press release and it rolls out on a stock replacement basis in December.

So we have to use up the old Tmax 400 first I'll buy 20 or 30 rolls next week . . .

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well, that was certainly easy to find. I should have first checked whether Kodak had updated its "TMAX films" pub for new TMY. They haven't. Mea culpa...

The only nit I have with this tech sheet is that XTOL is the developer most highly recommended for TMY by Kodak - yet they don't publish a characterisitc curve for XTOL and TMY.

Speaking of characterisitc curves - there certainly don't seem to be major changes and it's hard to draw comparisons because they are offsetting their "log Rel H" a bit differently in the past.

Any thoughts on any differences?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant View Post
    If you look at Roger Hicks original post I think he & John Sexton quote the Kodak Press release and it rolls out on a stock replacement basis in December.

So we have to use up the old Tmax 400 first I'll buy 20 or 30 rolls next week . . .

Ian
    Your mileage may certainly vary, then, as to when this new film appears at your local store or online retailer.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin