Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,712   Posts: 1,483,005   Online: 791

Shooter
    Medium Format

Wash aid/selenium

Many thanks for the quick responses - off into the darkroom for another session today and will adjust the sodium sulphite to two teaspoons per litre - this measurement is also recommended in the Tim Rudman book I was reading last night. Feel this is a stupid question but will ask anyway - in Tim's book on Toning he says to discard the wash aid after the selenium toned print has been through it - does he mean a fresh batch of wash aid needs to be made up for each individual print or can I run 10 or 12 prints through the same tray - I intend to selenium tone prints that have already been through the usual archival process. The devil's in the details. as they say!
    Thanks again .... Patricia

ann

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    you can run a series of prints, you don't need to use a fresh bath for each toned print
    http://www.aclancyphotography.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Ann is correct. Sorry if I didn't make that clear.
    BW
    Tim

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks for the quick response Ann and Tim - thought so but just needed to make sure. I'd be absolutely lost without the help of fellow apuggers!
    Patricia

Shooter
    Large Format
    Patricia, I agree. This group has saved me from disaster a number of times, and always saves me money because I can avoid a lot of unnecessary trial and error. I love a group in which a book is being discussed and the author responds. How often does THAT happen in other groups?

I just got Tim's book on Monday and it is really a delight. I have been devouring it. I was thinking last night "Why would anyone want to shoot digital when there is this amazing world of photographic alchemy to be explored?" This is not intended to start a fight, but merely to express my love of the darkroom. Although I am an older guy, I just got back to it in a serious way fairly recently. There is just SO much to explore.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thank you Don - the cheque's in the post ;-)
    Tim

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin