Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,705   Posts: 1,482,773   Online: 1063

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images

Rollei retro 400 and Foma 400: max sensitivity

Hi all,

I have just bought Foma 400 and Rollei retro 400 (former APX400), and I would like to know how to use them with their maximum sensitivity. I will make concert photo and in medium format, I would use them. But usually, I use to expose them at less than their commercial sensitivity (i.e ISO 200).
    In that case I need ISO 400 and lots of details. I have lots of developer like acufine, PMK, D76, rodinal, Calbe A49. What would you use if you were me?
    Thanks for your lights

Aurelien
    Aurelien, Analog Photographer

the analog place to be

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Up?

the analog place to be

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'd give it a try in Acufine. It may be best to shoot a test roll oat differing EIs (200-400-600-800) and see which works the best. Better than experimenting at the concert.

I'd prefer to push TriX myself (EI 1000 in Diafine)

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Of course I won't try it at the concert. I will try it before. I was thinking to use acufine, too. I will make a test roll like you said, exposing it at EI 200, 400, 600 and 800 and I 'll see.
    In fact If I had choice I would have choosen HP5+, but Foma and rollei are so cheaper...

the analog place to be

Shooter
    Medium Format

ROLLEI RETRO 400 and FOMA 400 max. sensitivity.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurelien View Post
    Hi all,

I have just bought Foma 400 and Rollei retro 400 (former APX400), and I would like to know how to use them with their maximum sensitivity. I will make concert photo and in medium format, I would use them. But usually, I use to expose them at less than their commercial sensitivity (i.e ISO 200).
    In that case I need ISO 400 and lots of details. I have lots of developer like acufine, PMK, D76, rodinal, Calbe A49. What would you use if you were me?
    Thanks for your lights

Aurelien

The maximum utilization of sensitivity of approx. one f/stop one reaches with very good results with the ILFORD MICROPHEN and/or BKA ACUFINE (ACU 1)

Cheers
    Wolf

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin