Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,222   Posts: 1,532,455   Online: 1144

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Several years ago, I experimented with various toners on Ilford Warmtone RC paper. In addition to very extended periods in various solutions and washes, I have had this paper in hot tea and heated Nelson's Gold toner for up to 20 minutes. I don't remember the temperatures involved but they were pretty darn hot. This was a real torture test for RC paper and, yet, the paper looked great and held up to such abuse with no ill effects. I can't say how other RC papers may respond to this extended wet time and high temperatures but the Ilford Warmtone did fine.

Shooter
    35mm
    On a nightschool B&W course everyone used Ilford MG RC. It was the recommended paper. It was common practice to dump the first finished prints in a large sink from the start of the session at 6:00pm while producing other prints and then queue up at the end to pass the prints through a roller drier. So some sheets were in the water for over 2 hours and I never saw any ill effects. Lee backs this toughness with hot immersion examples.

It would seem that Ilford RC is a pretty tough paper

pentaxuser

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin