Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,814   Posts: 1,581,616   Online: 770

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by drpsilver View Post
    06 Nov 2007
    My usual developer is D76 (1:1) and have yet to try this combination. Your post is very timely for me. I await any further results.
    I have no way of posting a photo since I don't have a scanner, so I will just have to describe how my first attempt with my new times for TMX.

I went out on Monday it was a very gray day or what I referred to as an N+2 day as I left the house. I photographed a scene with a SBR of 1:8 (a range from zone II to zone V, the highest value in the scene was V) and planned N+2 development with intensification of the negative using selenium toner. I reduced the exposure by an additional 1/3 stop (as indicated by the curve for N+2 dev) to maintain a net expansion of +2. I simply could not be more pleased with the result. So, I guess that is all I can say as I wish I could post the result and share it.

As strange as my times for TMX may seem, it is apparent to me that, with N+2 anyway, something is working out.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck1 View Post
    I have no way of posting a photo since I don't have a scanner, so I will just have to describe how my first attempt with my new times for TMX.
    I don't have a scanner either - however, it has occurred to me that for web display, I should be able to go to the local drug store where they have a flat-bed scanner and scan my prints there.

Dan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hope you find a way to post, Chuck. I'd love to see your results. I wonder if I'm just making denser and higher contrast negatives than you as I only contact print my sheet films?

Below are links to a couple print scans of N-1 negs I made recently. Haven't scanned any prints from my N or N+ negs yet but will post those as well.

http://www.apug.org/gallery/showphot...00&ppuser=2279
    http://www.apug.org/gallery/showphot...00&ppuser=2279

Tmax 100 in D76 1+1. My N- time was 9'30". The solid leaf areas were reading 9 and my bare table was reading 13. I placed 9 on Zone 5. I used my dichro head so split grade print these onto Ilford MGIV FB developed in Sprint QSPD.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Dougherty View Post
    I wonder if I'm just making denser and higher contrast negatives than you as I only contact print my sheet films?

Shawn, IDK, but does contact printing require denser negatives than projection printing?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The AZO I used to print on worked better with somewhat dense negatives of fairly high contrast. I've carried this over to my work with graded enlarging paper with great results. However, the images I linked are printed on multi grade and it seems I can print just about ANYTHING on that paper using the split grade technique. Sure would be nice to stand around a light table together and evaluate negatives and prints.... I guess all that is to say, IDK either!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin